A community of patients, family members and friends dedicated to dealing with Social Security Disability Advice, together.
|Group Home||Forums||Articles||Members (1059)||Diaries||Videos||Leaders||Guidelines|
Hi,my name is Chad I am from a very rural area in southwest Ohio. I have a wife who I have been married to for over 16 years now. I was a hairstylist by trade for 20 years until I started getting hit hard with Osteoarthritis, severe arthritis and carpal tunnel in both hands, back problems, I have degenerative disc disease in back and neck, I also need a full hip replacement which they won't do until I'm older. In October of 2008 I stopped working and began the long road to obtaining Social Security Disability benefits, in July of 2009 I filed for the first time and was denied. I then hired a attorney and filed the appeal and as most are I was denied again. But recently in September 2011 I finally had my hearing with the judge and was awarded fully favorable. I have been coming here to MDJunction for over 2 years seeking support and advice along my path to getting disability and now that I have been approved, I hope to be helpful to other members that are going through the process.
My name is Heather and I live in Louisiana.
I was born in 1978 and even though I am young, I deal with quite a few health issues.
I applied for disability in October 2011. I had a hearing on 12/12/12 and am still waiting to hear from it.
My disabilities are as follows:
-sacroiliac joint dysfunction dx 2011 by pain doc and ortho
- sacrolitis dx by pain doc and ortho 2011
- 2 level failed lumbar fusion dx 2012 by ortho and 2 neuros
- Degenerative disc disease dx 2011 by ortho, neuro and pain doc. Currently have 2 bulging disc lumbar, 2 bulging disc thoracic and a good sized herniated thoracic disc.
-fibromyalgia rhumy dx 2006 and 2012
- hip bursitis ortho dx 2011
- knee bursitis ortho dx 2008
- MVP with tachycardia dx as a teen and still treating with cardiologist
- both ear drums are ruptured with moderate hearing loss in both dx by 2 ear surgeons as well as GP - had most of my life and both surgeries failed
- carpal tunnel right arm dx 2012 by some kinda specialist
- osteoarthritis of pelvis and spine dx 2012 by pain doc and rhumy
-severe major depression/dysthymic disorder/generalized anxiety/social anxiey/ somatoform pain disorder 2012 dx by psychiatrist as well as long history of it.
If I can help in any way then PLEASE let me know
Hello my name is Ken I was injured on the job in 2007 and was unable to return back to work. After waiting many months of my time I decided to file for ssdi and then it became a fight so after going thru the entire process of denials I went before an ALJ and won my claim in early 2012. I think I can bring a lot of advice to the board and hope to be able to help others thru this process being support or just simply helping give advice to you to help with your claim. Thanks for being a member of MDJunction here you will find many boards to help either in support or just an outlet.
Would you like to be a group leader? Contact Us.