|Member Since||11/27/2008 12:14 AM|
|Last Online||05/20/2013 09:17 PM|
|Occupation:||IT Engineering Electronics|
|A little about me:||* Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency DX Feb2005 (may be hereditary endocrine problems. Sister has Hashimotos, brother a pit tumour affecting eyesight, grandmother and her cousin with pituitary issues.) Congenital - explained many years of fatigue, digestive issues, low immunity etc. Frank symptoms in Aug04 were a step increase in fatigue, "sweating out", dehydration, passing out, zero immune response, loss of cognition, depression, BP drop, weird ECG/EKG etc.
* I am a big guy around 300lb/134kg and about 6'4"
- 48mg HC/day baseline (winter. 3mg less in summer) in four doses 4/20/14/10, (0400, 0700, 1200 & 1700) Higher dose on active days. I oscillate +5mg quite often.
- When I stress dose more than +50% I don't use HC but Pred instead. This reduces the problem of excess mineralocorticoid raising my BP. (bloating)
- Levothyroxin 50mcg/day between 3AM and 5AM, but more than 30mins before anything else
- B6 100mg, B12 250mcg, Folic 800mcg, D3 3000u, Omeprazole 20mg, Asprin 100mg/day, Loratadine (antihistamine) 10mg 2/month stress events only.
* Set dose baseline HC and T4 using metabolic rate graphing (body temp) and HbA1c testing (6.1% - perfect). All doctors work in co-management mode. I sack those that want to exert sole control.
* I have 2 yearly DEXA/BMD scans. No change from slight Osteopenia in the last 6 years.
* Bradycardia (Pacemaker) Sick Sinus Syndrome (Not the nose thing..)
* Wheat/gluten allergy exacerbated by low cortisol (Not really sure if its Coeliac disease!)
* A host of other problems so bad that your boredom is a concern! Basically years of low cortisol are the reason.
* Electronics and computing person... On disability support pension. Can only do voluntary work. Usually IT based but I am also a "simulated patient" at the local university's medical degree course.
* Australian... (sounds funny and is difficult to understand when waffling. Does not have a pet roo or kwala!) Lives in a semi rural city about 350km LOS north of Sydney.
25OCT11 Quick addendum
* Dosing right now is weird and changing. Have stopped asthma steroids and "replaced" with 0.5mg Dex at around 10PM. Have also lowered my HC to 44mg/day as 20/14/10. (Stopped the 4AM dose) Long boring story for later..
* Was on 0.5mg Dex and 18/16/6 HC and still fatigued etc. Have just jumped the Dex to 0.75mg and 20/15/4 until my earache clears and Christmas energy needs are over. The Dex has made the morning wake far less painful but is causing some sleep pattern disturbance (I take it >9PM) and salt loss (cramps and lower BP)
* Been slack sorry. Now on replacement testosterone, 0.5mg Dex at 10PM and 4/20/20/10 HC. Thyroid etc meds unchanged.
* On 4/20/16/8 HC on sedentary days, 4/20/20/10 on active ones. Still on 250ug Dex at 10PM and 5mg of Testosterone patches. They have made for a much milder fatigue cycle, have more energy, lower cholesterol even! T blood test was about 3.8nmol/L (8-22?) before replacing. Thyroid meds unchanged but now near top of refrange T4.
No diary yet
My Health Topics Contributions
No health topics contributed yet
bob3bob3's photos are private
My Support Groups
My Recent Posts
|New to the group, need help :)||05/20/2013|
|Recently diagnosed with Severe...||05/20/2013|
|Hi, I'm a 35yo man from the Mi...||05/18/2013|
|New to Group - Help needed on ...||05/18/2013|
|steroids, electrolytes, aldost...||05/18/2013|
|why take thyroid 2 hours apart...||05/17/2013|
|bothered by electronics?||05/15/2013|
|ACTH levels and prednisone?||05/14/2013|
|low ACTH? mildly insufficient?||05/14/2013|
|Not so good on 60 mg/day of HC||05/12/2013|
|Trepidation over predisone||05/11/2013|
|Stim test, round 2..||05/11/2013|
|low ACTH? mildly insufficient?||05/11/2013|
|ACTH levels and prednisone?||05/11/2013|
|why take thyroid 2 hours apart...||05/11/2013|