MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/13/2012 11:45 PM

Feeling Disrespected

hawakeita
hawakeita  
I'm an Advocate

I went through a day or two at work when I just felt disrespected by my staff. Is it Lupus? or just taking things too personally? or not feeling good about myself so that I believe no one else does either?

I get tired of all this excess stuff that comes up that didn't used to before diagnosis.

04/14/2012 08:32 AM
tortoisegirl
tortoisegirlPosts: 3239

I also have a tough time trying to compare my feelings pre and post health issues. I often find myself questioning if I wasn't sick would I still be going through this. Often I do think I would be dealing with some of the same things...there are always going to be folks you just can't click with. I'd give it some time to settle and really think about it (not what you are feeling, but what they actually said or did) to see if its something you want to pursue with management. Hang in there! Best wishes.

04/16/2012 06:55 PM
OkieNell
OkieNell  

I know with me, there are certain times of the month when I'm super emotional. (even though I don't have my monthly visitor), I still get the emotions. You aren't alone and sometimes I wonder if my pain threshold is higher than some people and wonder how bad the pain really is, kwim? Nobody can know, but you know yourself and your body...hang in there, we are here for you!

06/18/2012 12:41 AM
unsociable

Great i wondered whether the medications make me more emotional, i seem to be blaming more and more on them but i wonder?? I have a high pain threshold but some days i drag my feet and my legs feel like lead!

06/19/2012 02:45 PM
Annelle
Annelle  

Some days are worse than others for me. However, my Fibro comes with a certain amount of depression. I've suffered anxiety for years and it really gets cranked up sometimes. I get kind of paranoid and it ends up rubbing off on my and my work. Like I think everyone is out to get me.

You're not alone!

Annelle

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved