MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/25/2012 05:06 PM

beloved niece, finds happiness(page 2)

devlin
devlin  
VIP Member

Hey there Marge, my sis and her H, are great people Smile, theres no question there that my niece is probably loved more now than before, its great Smile, and to be honest, this is the first time that i've ever felt conflicting feelings inside about anyone's gay lifestyle choice...that's kinda why i started the thread Smile just to talk things out a little...lol, you know, shake my brain a little and say "snap out of it".....theyre actually coming to see me in two months time Smile...stay for a week with me i think, i'm really looking forward to seeing her/them Smile i accept them as ive always done SmileSmileSmile

04/11/2012 12:11 AM
lisaellen
lisaellen  

Hi my name is Lisaellen I'm a member in the Bi polars support forum and just would like to say hats off to you for being a great Uncle. I once heard that prejudice is taught whether its environmental, social or relational a young baby does not understand these differences until bias is taught. Everyone has some sort of bias within them and its up to us as individuals to challenge these bias within us, to check ourselves so to speak. To truly love and accept someone we have to remove ourselves from only looking at the outside in and we need to learn to look at the inside out. Its okay not to understand certain choices but its not okay to become bias towards another choice. Keep doing what you are doing; trying to understand, love and support your niece. Well done...

04/11/2012 07:49 PM
devlin
devlin  
VIP Member

Hey there Lisaellen, thanks so much for your comments, She arrives for a visit in about 6 weeks, i'm looking forward to seeing her, and showing her San Diego ! SmileSmile i liked your comments a lot, how much nicer is it, to live a life without bias, than to go around feeling hateful......we're all equal anyway SmileSmileSmile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved