MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/09/2012 09:44 AM

Bone contusions and crutches?

Amy262

Hey guys,

I suffered a bone contusion in my mid-tibia in July 2009. While tehre was some mild pain, and obviously swelling and the fact it took 16 months to heal it didn't bother me too much.

About 6 weeks ago I suffered a bone contusion to my tibial plateau in my right leg (last injury was my left) I'm going back to the doctor's tomorrow for a follow-up on this issue as it doesn't seem to have improved as much as it should have. Went to the doctor's six days post-injury, before then treated it like I did the previou bone bruise so ice, rest and Voltaren. The reason why I'm going back for this second appointment is I don't like this injury one bit...

When I initially went, he told me I was doing everything right, that it would be gone in 2 weeks and to keep doing what I was doing. I actually went beyond what he told me to do and kept my leg elevated as well to try and keep some of the swelling down. My muscles are extremely tight, half the stretches I used to be able to do now cause pain, I sometimes wake up with pain in the leg before even getting out of bed, occaisonally it happens when I initially start weight-bearing and walking for over a half hour also causes discomfort.

Wondering if anyone's got any experience with an injury in this location and whetehr or not I'll require crutches? Granted it's a little better than it was initially, I'm just trying to think outside the box a little to see how I can have things improve further. He doesn't think I fractured it because I was only limping for a few days but he sent me for x rays, he never called me back with the results so have no idea what they look like

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved