MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/15/2012 06:41 PM

HELLO

johnson0912
johnson0912  

I have been visionually impaired since 1970. I am an online college student. I can only see 4 feet instead of 10 feet with no night vision and I have been like this since 1999. I need friends and support.

02/15/2012 08:44 PM
Amy262

Friends are hard to come by IRL, what helped me through college was greeting people, thanking them when they helped me by opening doors and that sort of thing. What also helped me with friendship is participating in adaptive sport, welcome to the forum and if you've any questions feel free to ask or PM

02/18/2012 07:30 PM
Amy262

With that said, I'm sure you could find a good support group in your neck of the woods and maybe will even be able to find some sporting events for the visually impaired such as blind curling or goalball; even joining a group which gets together once in a while will help with local support, confidence and all that fun stuff. even just simply raising awareness during white cane week can do wonders!

03/13/2012 08:44 PM
starkeeper

Johnson I to am always looking for new friends and support groups. Mostly online as I have a lot that goes on during the week and don't make it out much except for school which starts on Thursday. I am very anti-social and it new people terrify me I have Social Anxiety Disorder with Agorophobia. I'll be your friend and support you here as much as I can and feel free to pm me anytime you need someone.

03/16/2012 05:55 PM
Amy262

As long as we find ways to support one anotehr throughout life's challenges, taht is all that counts - it's best to have friends both online and in the outside world but only having one of the two is also much better than nothing at all

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved