MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/26/2012 04:14 PM

Vns Replacement Surgery

Veronica32
Veronica32  

I have to get the battery in my Vns replaced real soon I am having seizures every day because the battery in my stimulator is almost dead but it could still be several weeks before I have the surgery done. Life for me right now is very miserable I never know whats going to happen. Its very scary too.

02/28/2012 11:18 AM
Rosiemckvr
Rosiemckvr  
I'm an Advocate

Sorry you're so miserable Veronica, Sad

How long did it take your battery to run down if I could ask? Smile

I've been having some pretty ugly seizures (catamenial) that are not my normal (tonic/clonic) like 3-4 a month starting like 3 mos. ago.

I was so out of it & jumped around in 1 last mo. I lost my VNS magnet while sitting in my chair (using it/the 1 I put on the keychain)?! I have no idea where it went & that seizure took hours to recover from due to a power outage (candle).

How's your stomach been? I hope better.

Thanx for poking in & hope you feel/do better soon.

Hugs,

Rosie Smile

02/29/2012 02:49 PM
Veronica32
Veronica32  

I had the 1st Surgery in 2005 so its been 7 years but mine it on a very high setting.I am so sorry for what your going through right now sweetie. I have a doctors app. tomorrow and I pray after this app. they will set up the replacement surgery. I am praying for you. my battery is just about dead so I'm having having seizures daily. your in my thoughts. my stomach is a little better not too bad good thing Veronica

03/01/2012 05:09 AM
Rosiemckvr
Rosiemckvr  
I'm an Advocate

Veronica,

Glad your stomache's feeling better. Smile Heck of a trade off. Shocked

Yea, my VNS is at the highest setting too & used alot. Sad

Sorry you have that unsettled/anxiety feeling with the seizures, I know that's the worst. Hopefully, they'll give you Ativan or something to calm things down or help w/sleep? My appetite is always effected too.

I guess I'll have about 5 more yrs left then if thats the norm., then look out! Shocked Mine are too bad for them to twiddle their fingers!

I was kinda displeased w/my Neuro. in that I can only ever get an appoint. every 6 mo. after they adjusted it (?). Wassat I kinda felt dumped, "Especially when my seizures weren't under control???!" Angry

If we could just try hormone replacement I know it would help ALOT but my insurance says I'm too young & they never heard of it helping Epilepsy so they won't cover it???! Angry

I sure hope your Appoint. & visits go better. Blink

Hugs,

Rosie Smile

03/03/2012 10:31 AM
Veronica32
Veronica32  

my appoinment went really well I am set up for surgery on March 16th to replace the battery. In my case I had to had a partial hysterectomy and that really helped my seizures.but I was having some other issues as well. i hope you get somewhere with your doctors. will keep you in my prayers.

03/05/2012 09:20 AM
Rosiemckvr
Rosiemckvr  
I'm an Advocate

Wow Veronica,

Considering these Neuro's. that's pretty good! Although I know, not fast enough! Sad

I bet you're so happy! I see my Neuro. 4-17 unless he makes 1 sooner when he calls back. I never get a quick reply & mine don't even care to see me but every 6 mos. or draw bloodwork but 1X a yr.

Thanx for the prayers, Dr.'s are hopeless. Ugh!

Hugs,

Rosie

03/05/2012 12:32 PM
Veronica32
Veronica32  

Yes I am I am so sorry for what your going through my friend some of these neuros should not even be able to practice medicine. Doctors are not what they used to be thats for sure. HUGS Veronica

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved