MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/09/2012 10:55 PM

Quick question

cyberscryber
cyberscryber  

Does anyone find that doing weight bearing exercise while on your period causes more cramping and or heavier bleeding? Or sometimes I think the danged period is over and a couple days later go to do some physical type things out in the garden or whatever only to cramp up and bleed some more. Is it all in my head? Would I probably experience the cramps and bleeding whether or not I did any shoveling or lifting? Eager to hear your experiences with this.

02/13/2012 04:12 PM
Cbelle
Cbelle  
VIP Member

Any kind of extra movement with fibroids made me bleed. If I did any heavy lifting, bending, (doing laundry was a pain in the you-know-what) or if I was rushing around - I had the worst problem traveling - not sure if it was walking all that way through the airport (over 1 mile of walking) and then carrying my luggage and sitting in that cramped seat... had to go to the ER right off the plane because I bled through my clothes and pretty much destroyed the bathroom and most of my clothes. Just take it easy - some light cardio is good for the anemia and probably a little bit of weight bearing exercise, but if you're bleeding more afterward, take it easy. I bled more laying down with a tampon inserted. Those things are tricky! (EVIL LITTLE SUCKERS!)

03/07/2012 09:04 PM
cyberscryber
cyberscryber  

Thank you, so not glad you had to endure that but happy to know I'm not crazy. Why don't the doctors tell us these things? Do they just not know about it? Hmmmm. Well, we know now, so we can tell others.

03/08/2012 05:28 PM
Cbelle
Cbelle  
VIP Member

AMEN TO THAT! That's what we are here for. Real people, real experiences, real hope. Love to you!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved