MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/12/2011 10:11 AM

Can Fibroids make you Miss a Period

ladybugbailey

I was diagnoised with having large uterine fibroids about 2 years ago. I have had my period every month like clockwork... even after all the biopsies.

At anyrate, I have not had my period the last two months and I am starting to worry. I have the normal pull pains that i have felt all along with my fibriods. I know for a fact i am not pregnant... and I am very worried that when i go to the doctor in friday that they will tell me I have to have a hysterectomy.

Has this happen to anyone else?

Post edited by: ladybugbailey, at: 01/12/2011 10:12 AM

01/28/2011 09:52 AM
Cbelle
Cbelle  
VIP Member

So sorry to make you wait so long for a response. I'm buying a house (yay!) so that takes up all my spare time.

It's very unusual to miss a period due to a fibroid - in fact, most of the time it increases the bleeding. They're due to too much estrogen, so if anything, if your hormone levels have dropped for some reason, your fibroid would shrink!

Where is it located? Usually if it's asymptomatic they'll just leave it in there. There are many alternatives to hysterectomy if it comes down to needing to get it removed.

Keep us posted, ok?

Thanks,

Cara

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved