MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/22/2008 02:14 AM

i would like to make some friends

bert123

hi, my name is aylish but some ppl just call me kate.

i wear pull-ups for my incontinance and other bladder problems and i would like to talk and make friends with people that are in the same position as me Blush

i would like to make friends with pple who i can give my support to and share there support Tongue

09/22/2008 07:54 AM
KwiteKontrarie
KwiteKontrariePosts: 1542
Group Leader

Hi Kate,

I'm Mary. I have overactive bladder and urge incontinence. It is something I've struggled with most all of my life. Presumably this was caused by undx'ed hydrocephalus -- since hydro and incontinence seem to go hand-in-hand.

I do well with Detrol LA and occasionally I will use feminine pads if I feel the need to. I haven't tried incontinence products because my condition is not normally that uncontrolled.

Welcome to the group. There are many different degrees of incontinence. I'm sure there are others here that can relate to your condition.

Best wishes,

Mary

09/22/2008 09:16 PM
bert123

hi, same with me i have a very uncontrolable bladder and so i wear special pads, i also have kidney problems.

thanks your support Smile

09/23/2008 07:29 PM
sal
sal  

bert123 wrote:

hi, same with me i have a very uncontrolable bladder and so i wear special pads, i also have kidney problems.

thanks your support Smile

Smile Hi Kate,

I have terrible urge incont and at times have retention and have to cath. have tried numerous treatments with no results. very devastating.

I am working on moving on which is no easy task.

I KNOW about incont because I have have a lot of wetting episodes in public. Always so unexpected. so DARN EMBARASSING.

I do not go any where without my pull-ups.

I look forward to hearing from you.

hope things are going better for you, this is no easy problem to live with and you are NOT ALONE.Smile

12/15/2008 04:53 PM
krushdice
krushdicePosts: 57

Hi, Louise here, I have days that I going every 5 to 10min. On the times that I have to leave I wear those sexy belted undies. At home I'll wear a pad but have to limit to 3 cuz I'd go thru 36 in one day.

Since I'm not working I can go all I need. But damn peeing rivers wears me out royally.

My doc put me on Detrol but after a couple months I had to quit. The pressure and sensitivity made me crazy.

Plus I still felt urges just as often but couldn't go.

Now I go and go and go for hours on end.

lol

Louise

12/16/2008 07:29 AM
KwiteKontrarie
Group Leader

Hi Louise,

Sorry to hear that Detrol does not work for you. I've had pretty good success with it... that is, when I TAKE it! (I'm really bad about taking meds consistantly.)

~Mary

(Great name, btw Wink)

12/16/2008 08:04 AM
krushdice
krushdicePosts: 57

Hi Mary, Thanks for your note. I'm thinking that after the 1st I'll ask my doc about catherizing myself. Yesterday was horrible but today seems to be lots better. Quite a difference a day can make and I didn't do anything different.

Perhaps this body is trying to get rid of some weight. I've been trying for years.

Hope you're having a super day

Louise

12/20/2008 07:45 AM
KwiteKontrarie
Group Leader

Hi Steve,

Welcome to MD Junction! I hope that you can find the support you seek here. As you can see, the incontinence support group is still "young" with only 21 members, so our group is not quite as active or diverse as perhaps it could be. But, we'll keep at it and hope that it grows to fill our needs, right?

I'm Mary. I have overactive bladder and urge incontinence controlled fairly well with Detrol LA. I never realized the great diversity of conditions until I searched for support online. Then I realized that I had it pretty good!

How long have you been in diapers? And what is the cause of your incontinence? Some in the group have become incontinent due to injury, others -- like me -- as a result of "illness", yet others born with defects.

Again, thanks for joining us (even though I know you'd rather not be here!). I hope we can assist you.Smile

~Mary

12/21/2008 05:56 PM
cyrup22
cyrup22  

Hi Steve and welcome from me too, another guy in the group. How are you getting on? It must be so difficult for you suffering incontinence especially as you mention that you don't have many friends now, since your incontinence began. I'm wondering if that is because you have withdrawn from social situations through fear of others discovering somehow that you have this problem. Hope to see you here and to be able to be of some help

Cyrup

12/21/2008 08:04 PM
sal
sal  

Smile

Hi Steve,

welcome to our group. I hope that you can find support here and make a lot of friends here who have the same problem.

You are NOT ALONE.

I have a neurogenic dysfunctional bladder, that runs me!

I have urine retention/and incont. Also have tried many treatments and nothing has worked. My last surgery has now failed. I keep hoping for a better quality of life, however,

it does not come easy with bladders.

I hope you find this site helpful, has I have.

And keep finding chat rooms, and web sites like this to help give you support. You can also get wonderful ideas from others on how they mange there incont.

Hang in there,

Sal

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved