MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/09/2009 02:43 PM

other autoimmune issues?

fsudot

I'm having some other autoimmune issues. They think it's some form of vasculitis. I'm wondering if other people have had multiple issues and how do they deal with it. It's getting really frustrating and I just don't know if I can keep dealing with it.

Thanks.

02/02/2010 11:31 AM
sar
sar  

Hey there

you're for sure not alone on this one. I have several problems with my health... and always have since I was a young kid. I had epilepsy, recurrent ear infections, severe muscle pain (now diagnosed as fibromyalgia), digestive and other neurological complications as a child. At the moment I have a diagnosis on fibromyalgia, ulcerative colitis, asthma, anxiety,and preventricular contractions (PVC). And even with all of these diagnosis I still have many undiagnosed symptoms. I have discussed my history with many doctors but it seems hard to find a doctor willing to look through everything to see if there is one causitive factor to account for all of my symptoms.

My mother is very ummm addiment that I go to a dianosic clinic because she is sure I have lupus (as my great grandmother had this), but I've seen enough doctors for the time being. I personally believe that once you get hit with an autoimmune disease you are very likely to have it cross over into other aspects of your health, like the month of intersticial cystitis and iritis I had.

If you do some research I know that there are some complications of colitis that affect other body symptoms (eyes, skin, etc.) perhaps this could explain some of the other problems you have been experiencing.

Best of luck to you! Hope this helps.

Sar

02/26/2010 02:06 PM
amber2057
amber2057  

hi there , just want to say im sorry that you are suffering like this . not heard of vasculitis ,

but i can imagine dealing with what you are must be depressing . anytime you would like to discuss anything ,,,im here . take care

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved