MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/10/2012 02:16 PM

hello everyone

tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

Hi everyone, hope everyone is enjoying the new year. Anyone got any tips on TTC. I have PCOS and I know it is a major pain in the butt. I underwent gastric bypass 7 months ago and have lost over 130 lbs. I dont know if that is helping my PCOS or not I am scared to go to the OBGYN because I dont want to be told that even tho I am trying my hardest to get pregnant that my PCOS is still acting up majorly. I have been married for almost 2 years me and my hubby have been ttc since Nov of 2009 and have not had any luck in that, I have tried clomid, was put on metformin then taken off of that and put on glyberide and now I am back on metformin and am trying to lose a lot more weight but I am still longing to have a baby. any suggestions will help thank you.

01/10/2012 02:51 PM
Melba78

Best advice I can give you is don't be afaid to go to the gyn. I have recently learned that many of us with PCOS will need some help from the doctor to concieve. The good news is that most of us will be able to concieve with the help of medications only.

01/11/2012 09:30 AM
tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

yeah I know I am needing help to get that far, just dont wanna go and be told the same things I have been over the past 4 or 5 yrs ever since I found out thats what I have.

01/12/2012 05:26 AM
Melba78

I'm sorry it is very hard. We went through the same thing, but then finally I was referred to a doctor that was from a bigger city that had lots and lots of experience with PCOS and I have high hopes. He put me on a higher level of Metformin than any other doctor had before and I was able to loose 60lbs fairly easily. I am still hoping to loose another 60, but it was the first time in 10 years that I had been able to loose that much. Just stay on the metformin and give it some time. I know I have heard of people taking some homeopathic methods. Even accupuncture. Sorry I don't have much other than that.

01/13/2012 07:38 AM
leandrat

How do you feel on metformin I'm to scared to take it cause of side effects?

01/13/2012 04:23 PM
tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

I was on it for a long time and I hardly lost any weight. Which sucked I was on the highest dose allowed and I still wasnt getting pregnant. I got switched and I still havent had any luck in that depo no I am back on metformin, I dont mind it I havent had the problems I had when I was on it before but its okay. I found out today that my testosterone is really really low so I ended up getting a shot of hormones joy lol

01/17/2012 10:35 AM
Melba78

I have never had any problems with Metformin. I know others have posted about having side effects to Metformin but I have never had any. Which is amazing because you are talking to the person who has a list of meds both RX and OTC that I cannot take because of side-effects (simple things like Benedryl, and percoset, or any OTC Cold medicine).

I am learning that PCOS is a very diverse syndrome. One person can have a really high testosterone while another a very low. Seems like there needs to be a very complex testing process to test just about everything to determine all the factors affected by PCOS. Sorry just a thought that came to mind.

I hope the Metformin works for you this time.

01/17/2012 04:00 PM
tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

Yeah I have a list of medications of my own that I take on a daily sucks but oh well. I am hoping that it works for me too lol yeah I had the stomach problems associated with it the runs etc yeah I hated it but now with it I am not having that problem but yet he hasnt upped it yet.

01/22/2012 01:16 PM
leandrat

My suggestion to you is to chart your temps using a bbt and a online charting program to see IF or when you are Oing at all....also to use opk you can get them CHEAP off amazon.com from wondfo and test to help give you heads up on possible ovualtion of COURSE it does not tell if you will O just that you may but helps with timing sex right

01/23/2012 08:57 AM
tinkerbabe87
tinkerbabe87  
I'm an Advocate

Yeah i have no idea what any of that means lol. I know the Oing means ovulating lol other than that you lost me lol sorry hon.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved