MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/04/2009 08:01 PM

Alpha-Stim have any of you tried it?

BrandieD
BrandieDPosts: 40

Hello,

My husband was surfing the web and came across it and we were wondering if any of you had tried it and it helps or if it is just a fake thing out there.

Hope everyone is having a good day

brandie

01/11/2009 11:41 AM
CherrieAngel
CherrieAngel  

I've never heard of it before. Can you explain what it is? Maybe someone else can share if they have experience with it Smile

01/13/2009 08:48 AM
BrandieD

Hello,

It is a machine you hook to yourself and it gives electric waves that apparently help pain. It also is used for depression and insomnia.

Here is what the website says about what it is:

The Alpha-StimĀ® PPM uses microcurrent electrical therapy (MET) for those suffering from acute, chronic or postoperative pain. The Alpha-StimĀ® PPM works with the body on a large variety of ailments, including difficult-to-treat problems.

Haven't been able to find anyone who used it for TN yet so not sure if it works for nerve pain maybe just muscle and joint pain...

here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.alpha-stim.com/PPM.html

Brandie

01/13/2009 01:12 PM
litlefawn3
LITLEFAWN3  
I'm an Advocate

HEY GIRL, I CANNOT SAY I EVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE. IS THERE ANYMORE INFORMATION ATACHED TO IT? BE RALLY CAREFUL AND CONSULT YOUR P.C. FOR ADVICE ON SOMETHING YOU ADD AS MEDS INTERACT WITH OTHER THINGS...ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE NOT FDA APPROVED.

TTYS

LOVE CATHY

01/13/2009 10:46 PM
BrandieD

Thanks for the info, you are my voice of reason when I am in pain I am tempted to do anything in the hopes to make the pain stop but you are right! Thankfully right now the pain is gone and I am ok with waiting the two more weeks before I speak to my surgeon.

01/14/2009 04:22 AM
litlefawn3
LITLEFAWN3  
I'm an Advocate

THANK YOU, BRANDIED, IM SO HAPPY I WAS ABLE TO HELP =)

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved