MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/04/2012 10:45 AM

Recently Diagnosed

Tim43
Tim43Posts: 12

Hello all.

I was diagnosed with THS 2 weeks ago. I previously thought I might have Addison's or a pituitary tumor based on my symptoms. But, the doc and the MRI state that I have THS. He also ran a CT Brain Angiogram to rule out any vasculitis.

I go to a neuro-opthamologist tomorrow at the Methodist Hospital in Houston.

Can anyone tell me what tests they ran when you went to a N.O. doc?

Also, is it possible to get this far along and then the N.O. doc change the diagnosis to something like neuro-sarcoidosis? I have read that the two are very similar.

Anyway, I will give an update later this week when I receive any additional news.

Thanks.

Tim

06/04/2012 01:44 PM
Ona77

Hi Tim !

As far as my knowledge neuro-sarcoidosis is diagnosed with sarcoidosis. Research: chest X-ray, MRI, lumbar puncture - study cerebro - spinal fluid CSF. After exclusion of everything ... tolosy Hunt syndrome. if your symptoms match the THS? good luck

06/04/2012 02:43 PM
Raimond

Wish you all the luck in the world. Do what the doctors say..

Read all you can about THS..

Raimond

06/04/2012 04:55 PM
Tim43

Thank you both for your replies so quickly.

Ona, yes I have the symptoms of THS: Extreme fatigue, dizzyness, frontal headache, eye pain, etc...

Looks like I am finally in the right place.

06/06/2012 05:58 PM
starky

hey Tim43, Starky here, from british Columbia. I was diagnosed withTHS 10 years ago. Five months ago it hit me again. These folks are great I've found. Raimond will get back to us in the middle of the night if he has to.

I'll get back to you..but just wanted to help if you were feeling "Paniky" over this. Rest is helpful,naps etc. I try not to let it take over my life

..but that's not always possible. I find if I swear alot, that helps!!LOL

Cheers, Starky

06/07/2012 02:39 PM
Tim43

Thanks Sparky, but it looks like I may not have THS now.

I'll post an uupdate in another thread.

But, thanks again for responding.

Tim

06/10/2012 06:43 PM
starky

Hi Tim, thanks for your note. I'll be happy to talk which ever way this goes for you. You're on the Prayer list!! This may sound too easy, but I try to pick comedy movies, to "get me....off me". Perhaps it really is "The Best Medicine".

All the best Tim. Starky.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved