MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/12/2012 07:30 PM

THS and Disability

kikisweetie

Has anyone be able to get Disability benefits for THS between the meds and pain i barely can make it through the day much let stand on me feet since i am not qualified for much other than waiting tables

Thanks

05/13/2012 04:23 AM
Raimond

yes, they will call it depression but ......I filed on line and then I sent them copies of my medical info per my dealings with Doctors/ hospital visits. notes, all about THS ... you can file in person. Call them and ask for help with what every part of the process you want.

They sent me to their doctor to review me/ check me out in person..Just a physical.. talk etc. no more..........

Good luck

Raimond

Post edited by: Raimond, at: 05/13/2012 04:29 AM

Post edited by: Raimond, at: 05/13/2012 04:33 AM

09/13/2012 09:24 AM
lmbarns

How long does the process usually take? I might have to have surgery to remove a tumor in the cavernous sinus, and I don't know what to do.

I've been under-employed and a full time student(almost finished), for 3 years. I work for a generous rich man who gives me projects I can do as I can, to put money in my pocket. I used to have my general contractors license, and did large projects for him, now I have entire days I can just lay in bed in pain, more often in last month. I worked in his office for 3 months in spring, but wanted to die because my face would hurt from interacting with people, talking, etc.

If I have surgery I have to stop my current projects and I don't know how long recovery takes. Is there temporary disability? In school I study computer programming. Current project I have is remodeling a house, drywall, refinishing floors, carpentry. But I can't leave house unfinished for long recovery........

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved