MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/10/2012 08:29 PM

newbie tinnitus four months

acameragirl

Hi, I am a 40 year old female and I had a sinus infection in November 2011 with ringing ears, pressure, dizziness and on top of it all anxiety. I completed a prescription of antibiotics and took alavert for dizziness. After about a week the dizziness went away but the ringing ears persisted, at a low volume. My ears haven't been exactly right since. I have loud ringing and pressure in my right ear. Saw ENT two weeks ago and hearing test showed hearing loss in that ear. DR said it could be a virus which could take two weeks or six months plus. Another cause could be a small tumor on the ear nerves. Next appointment is Monday. I'm not having dizzyness or balance problems. Has anyone experienced an ear virus or acoustic neuroma? What was your experience?

Thanks

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved