MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/15/2009 07:17 PM

thyroid and weight gain

deanna2

I was just wandering if anyone feels like they have had weight trouble before or after thyroid cancer? I just had papillary carcinoma removed three weeks ago and they said I also had thyroiditis. I no longer have it because I no longer have a thyroid but my ENT kept telling me that my weight problems and fatigue were not due to my thyroid because all my levels were normal and my thyroid functions were normal. From what I read about thyroiditis it can cause you to be hypo or hyperthyroid, which in turn could lead to fatigue or weight gain right? I also had a friend tell me that after a thyroidectomy most people gain 50 to 100 pounds, is this true? Has anyone seen any fluctuations in their weight up or down? Any help with this would be appreciated. Thank you.Unsure

05/17/2009 08:12 AM
txmedicalfreak
txmedicalfreak  

deanna ~

I started gaining weight after my last child was born and never could get it off... After my thyroid problems were discovered and then treated, I finally started to loose weight.

Mandy

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved