MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/26/2011 09:15 AM

Pregnant & confused

mirandas

I really hate doing these introduction posts, but anyway...

I'm Miranda, 17, and just found out last night that I'm pregnant. I haven't been to the doctor yet, so I'm hoping maybe I'm not truly pregnant. I know that's useless-I know there's no way I'm not pregnant. I'm estimating that I'm around 5 weeks along. I haven't told anyone yet. I don't know how. I've been hiding in my room since I found out. I just want to die. I don't know what to do about anything. I'm sort of dealing with another health issue right now which makes being pregnant the worst thing that could happen to me. I don't really know what I'm doing here, but I guess I need to talk to others who have done this.

02/26/2011 10:25 AM
chipsbaiigul
chipsbaiigul  
Group Leader

welcome (:

i'm isabella. i'm 17 and i have a son who's almost 15 months old. are you planning to go to the doctor soon? well, if you need to talk or anything just PM me (:

02/26/2011 12:19 PM
mirandas

I know I have to go to the doctor, but I'm so scared to. I don't even know how to go about it. I think I need to tell my mom first. I'm such a baby.

02/26/2011 12:52 PM
YoungMom
YoungMom  

Hi! My name is Lir, I'm 21 years old and have a 6 months old daughter. What is your health issue if you don't mind me asking? If it's something serious, where being pregnant can really hurt you then I don't even think what you should do is a question.

If you have any questions or anything, feel free to PM me Smile

02/26/2011 01:12 PM
chipsbaiigul
chipsbaiigul  
Group Leader

well maybe you should go to a planned parenthood at first? just until you feel comfortable telling your mom. they have counseling and they'll confirm your pregnancy. do you know what you want to do? keep the baby, adoption, etc. at the very least you should pick up some prenatal vitamins (or even just regular ones if you have them) to make sure the baby is getting everything he/she needs until you figure out what to do (:

02/26/2011 01:23 PM
mirandas

Thanks Lir and Isabella.

As for the health issue, I have issues with food and weight. I hate to say I have an eating disorder, but I guess I have to start being honest about what I do to myself. Anyway, I just know I'm going to have to face all those issues if I go through with the pregnancy. To be honest, I'm surprised I even got pregnant and carried a baby for the few weeks that I have. I don't know how my body could be supporting it. Please know I'm not trying to bring this up to get pity or attention, that's the last thing I want from any of this.

I don't know what I want to do. I only just found out, so I guess I haven't had too much time to think about it. I just feel I should know, and obviously my time is limited as far as certain decisions go.

I already take multi-vitamins daily. Are those good enough for now?

02/26/2011 01:46 PM
Kikchik2491
Kikchik2491  

Yes that is a good thing to start with! If you can try and get prenatals and it will have even more in them for a baby. I know its hard and I don't know what problems you are having as far as eating but for YOUR body try and eat lots of fruits veggies and meat. The baby will get it's nutrients even if it takes them from your body. That is why cavities are common during pregnancy.

Isabella has a good idea. Go and talk to Planned Parenthood they will give you a test andhelp you out if you are pregnant.

02/26/2011 01:49 PM
chipsbaiigul
chipsbaiigul  
Group Leader

those should work for now. eventually you'll want to get on ones with more iron and folic acid but those will be fine now. it took me a while to fully decide what to do. have you tried sitting down and making a pro-con list? i know it sounds so stupid but it actually made it easier to decide. or maybe talk to a couselor at school or planned parenthood or privately of course. or a friend? i kinda knew what i was gunna do because the night before i found out i was talking to my friend hypothetically about it so that helped. it's gunna be hard but you'll get through it, and we're here to help (:

02/26/2011 01:59 PM
mirandas

I'm scared to go to Planned Parenthood. I don't even think there's one very close to me.

I haven't actually sat down and wrote out a pro-con list, but maybe that will help. I've thought of a lot of the pros and cons in my head already...over and over and over again. I just seem to dwell on all the negatives.

I want to tell someone I know in real life, but I'm still scared and uncomfortable. I want to tell my best friend, but I'm not sute.

02/26/2011 02:07 PM
Forkedfist
ForkedfistPosts: 928

Do you have a guidance counselor at your school you could speak with? I've always found lists to be way too impersonal to apply to real life. One pro can have a million things about it that make it worthwhile, one con can do the same in opposing, but it's still just one bullet on a list. Are you close with your parents or your boyfriend?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved