MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/18/2009 07:38 PM

I told my dad, and things turned really bad

Megs12708

My dad has a drinking problem, and when he drinks he either gets really happy, or very pissed off.

He decided to talk to me, and we've been fighting since three this afternoon, and its now almost eight.

Hes broken pretty much everything you can think of. and i really fear for my life. He said he's taking my baby away from me if i keep it because i would not be a good mother.

My aunt is on her way to pick me up because i called her, because i knew if i didn't he'd either kill me, or i'd be in the hospital right now.

Im very afraid, and now im really not sure if i want to keep the baby if hes going to take all my rights away from it.

05/18/2009 07:43 PM
deb94
deb94  

OMG Meg. I'm so sorry! You did good by getting out of there. Maybe you should find a place to stay until the baby comes or until he calms down. He has no right and can't take it away because it is not his. If I were you I would be looking for a permanent spot for now. I would get out asap and stay out, if he gets mad while you are pregnant who know what he will do to you or the baby. I'm so sorry.

Debera

05/18/2009 08:22 PM
HopeH
HopeH  

Just know, that he can't remove or take away any of your rights. Even if you were to lose rights it would go to the child's father, not yours and that's if you did something extremely bad.

He can't do it and that was a jab at you, so take a big *sigh* and please PLEASE try not stress. I can not express that enough. Get away from the situation you are in and go somewhere safe.

Stress is not only harmful to you but can raise your risk of a miscarriage by lowering certain necessary hormones. Sad

*HUGS* you'll be okay hun, just get away from there for now. Maybe your aunt can help you for awhile. OR if you're on good terms with your boyfriend's parents, talk to him and/or them. I'm sure someone will be there to help you and your child.

Post edited by: HopeH, at: 05/18/2009 08:23 PM

05/18/2009 09:18 PM
Megs12708

I just wanna make sure, legally he can not take my baby.

He said he would use the whole, me sneaking out, and leaving excuse to keep my baby. Do you think that could effect the whole thing?

05/18/2009 10:11 PM
ToTheChangedFuture
ToTheChangedFuture  

That will absolutely not effect it. Even if it could (which I promise you it can't) your actions before the baby have nothing to do with your fitness for parenting. I'm sorry things went so bad, good job on getting out to protect yourself and your baby.

05/18/2009 10:20 PM
Megs12708

I just wanted to make sure my father couldn't take the baby, i don't know anything about that kinda stuff, so im just thankful now he cant take it.

05/19/2009 10:42 AM
Livvyrose
Livvyrose  

I feel for you. Parents can act crazy and that sort of crazy is deffinitly not healthy for you or the baby. I know how hard it is to keep your head up, I mean he's your dad, its hard to hear your own father talk to you like that and threaten you like that. Stay strong to your decision, don't let anyone tell you "no." Its your body, your choice.

Stay Well.

Liv

05/19/2009 10:47 AM
CarrieAnnx3
CarrieAnnx3  

I agree with Liv. Your father sounds like he is a very angry drunk at times which is not a healthy environment for your baby. Is there any way that you could live with another family member until your father cools down?

You need to talk to him when he is sober and tell him that, in no uncertain terms, you are keeping this baby(if that is your choice) and that he needs to stop drinking if he wants to see the child after it is born.

Good luck.

xoxo.

Carrie[Ann]

05/19/2009 01:34 PM
Megs12708

Well actually, things blew over today.

My mom talked to him, and they all agreed that we will figure out a way to make this all work.

They finally support my choice on keeping the baby, and they all told me they hope its a boy lol (cuz my family is all girls). even my dad said he wants it to be a boy haha.

Things seem to be better, lets just hope they keep that way. Thanks everyone for the advice and what you all said, thats the only thing thats kept me from changing my mind..

05/19/2009 02:36 PM
CarrieAnnx3
CarrieAnnx3  

I'm sure I speak for us all when I say that we're glad things are getting better.

Good luck for you and your baby.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved