MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/20/2011 03:07 PM

how illegal is it to induce preterm labor?

anonomous2

I'm just wondering. I'm going to be 24 weeks in a few weeks. I was actually considering doing a home abortion. But now I'm realizing I'm so close to being viable. I'm still hiding the pregnancy. I'm not even showing in the least. I'm thinking if I hide it for these next few weeks and then have it it at around 24 or 25 weeks. Would they even be able to tell that I induced it? I'm not planning to parent. I'd just let hospital take care of it. I know that it's legal to leave it at the safe haven. I'm just wondering if it could be an option. And if so what would the trouble be with it?
--- The discussion has been locked ---

07/20/2011 04:51 PM
BerLynn
BerLynn  

I am sorry but what you just said made me sick. I can't believe you even said that. If you do that there is a good chance you will kill your child but it would probibly suffer before it died. Just go full term and give the baby up for adoption.I am not going to say anything else because i am a mother and what else i have to say is not very nice at all and would get me in to trouble.

07/20/2011 05:17 PM
anonomous2

read my other post before you judge. Being visibly pregnant isn't really a good choice. I'm stuck in this town. These past weeks I haven't had enough courage to tell my parents their son is pregnant. My parents aren't very reasonable or stable people. And the guy I was with would freak out obviously. I have nowhere to turn. These past weeks have been quite lonely. I was wondering how legal it was. I figured out how to induce labor and if it went wrong I'd go to the hospital. I don't really want the bby to die if I can do this without getting caught. That's why I'm just trying to figure out a way to do this discretefully.

07/20/2011 05:27 PM
SarahBear21
SarahBear21Posts: 521

That's incredibly selfish. You got pregnant, you didn't get an abortion when you could have. This is on you now, and you need to protect that baby, NOT give it a bunch of health problems by trying to induce PRETERM labor. These are the consequences of your actions of not taking care of this sooner so please deal with them maturely.

07/20/2011 05:34 PM
BerLynn
BerLynn  

I did read your other post. Yet if you do this then there is a good chance if the baby does not die then it will suffer health problems for the rest of its life. You have to take responsibility for your actions, yes it will be hard but you are carring a life inside of you that could be viable now but needs more time so that it will not have lots and lots of problems. You need to tell your parents. If they can except that you are transgender they can except that you got prego. Just tell them. Put your child first and let it live, let it go to full term and then give it up for adoption.

07/20/2011 05:35 PM
anonomous2

I coudnt unlike you I didn't know I was pregnnt til it was too late.

but thanks for simply judging and not trying to understand my situation. Hate crimes still exist. And I'd very well risk that by being open about being pregnant.

either way could someone tell me whether this is legal to do or not. That's all I'm asking. Thanks for whoever can answer this.

07/20/2011 05:38 PM
BerLynn
BerLynn  

You could get in alot of TROUBLE if you do it.

07/20/2011 05:38 PM
anonomous2

uhh no I'm not transgender if you read it right. You'd realize I'm an intersex male.

07/20/2011 05:43 PM
BerLynn
BerLynn  

sorry i miss read but still i am sure your parents would have more of a problem with you trying to have preterm labor then actually going full term. Just tell them. Parents are more understanding then you think. I am 22 and I have a 14 month old and I just have a problem with what you want to do, because if a baby is born preterm then they can have alot of health problems for the rest of their lives.

07/20/2011 05:50 PM
anonomous2

and I could've aborted but nvm

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved