MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/16/2011 04:51 PM

Cloth Diapers

missmegg
missmeggPosts: 218

Thoughts on cloth diapers? Have any of you ever used them or even tried them?

I ordered two of them a few days ago. I love the idea of saving money and helping the environment, plus the cloth diapers are sooo much cuter then disposables. I have a good friend who's switching to cloth too, so we're helping each other.

She's also started making all her son's baby food (he's eleven months old) and I'm starting to consider making Sophia's food when she starts eating it in a couple of weeks, but I don't know if I actually have the time for that.

On an unrelated note, when did your babies start teething? Sophia's been very fussy lately and her gums are hardish and I'm wondering if she's teething. I didn't get my first tooth until ten months though, and Bret was six months.

OH YEAH:

Sophia rolls over now! From her belly to her back but not the other way around yet. Smile She's getting so big!!

Post edited by: missmegg, at: 06/16/2011 04:52 PM

06/16/2011 09:43 PM
SarahBear21
SarahBear21Posts: 521

I asked my mom about cloth diapers because she used them and she said she rarely had a problem. She said though that if you do like using them, you're gonna want more than just a couple of them (though I'm sure you've realized that lol).

06/16/2011 10:41 PM
Izzy87
Izzy87  
VIP Member

I really want to use cloth diapers, but I'm pretty clueless as to all the options. And for teething, it really just depends on the baby. Both my girls started teething around three months. I have heard of babies even being born with teeth, but never actually met anyone who knows personally. I like the idea of making baby food too, with my last daughter we pretty much ended up feeding her what we ate, just quickly mashed up on the plate and stuff.

06/17/2011 06:04 AM
Marcieparker
Marcieparker  

i want to use cloth diapers! well i wanted to, but under the circumstances it was just easier for kylan to use disposable.

as for making your own baby food, they have this things called the baby bullet, my friend let me use hers when i was making kylans food and it was the best thing ever, i will definitely be getting me one for future children.

and teething, its very possible kylan was 5 months with his first tooth.

06/17/2011 06:31 AM
Claricexo
ClaricexoPosts: 10

My mom used cloth diapers and she loved them. For my next baby I def want to use cloth diapers! But between school and work right now it's easier to use disposables. Good luck!

I half made Emily's food and half gave her canned. She always seemed to like the food I made a lot better.

Emily didn't start teething until like 10 months LOL But I know babies that have started teething at like 3!

06/17/2011 06:52 AM
Forgiven6
Forgiven6  

I used cloth diapers and it is so practial + cloth diapers save money.

Baby food is also great solution. I didn't like baby food from shops, so I made my own porridge. My daughted loved them so much.

06/17/2011 07:13 AM
YoungMom
YoungMom  

I personally don't like the idea of disposable diapers, but I'm also all for making my life easier Smile

I make most of my own food for Emuna (even though these days she just gets what we're having). An easy way to do it so you son;t have to puree food every night is by making it in bulk, storing them in ice trays, freezing them and then just popping 3-4 out when it's time to eat. you microwave them for 30 seconds and tada baby food! I had a bunch of different trays with different foods.

Emuna got her first tooth at 8 months Smile

06/17/2011 07:23 AM
momma2be
momma2be  

i bought 6 cloth diapers, and ive never even touched them lol. i agree with making your own food, i plan on doing it too. Tongue matthews teeth have been bothering him since 3 months old but the doctor said that its possible for the teeth to go up and down before actually breaking through. maybe thats whats happening with Sophia?

06/17/2011 06:55 PM
xsunshinee
xsunshinee  

Just remember to hand wash poopy ones. The bacteria in the poop gets stuck in the washing machine. sorry im a germ freak.

As with making food i really wish i did! i think i tried for a week & got so stressed out, so i stopped. lol I just used a food processor. & brayden has been "teething since about four months, but still no teeth, they pop a bit then go back down.

06/18/2011 01:13 PM
Lindsbabyxo
LindsbabyxoPosts: 15

I make my daughters food Smile its sooo much cheaper & i used to cloth diaper but now that i'm working i use disposable diapers because its easier . : i wish i could stick with cloth its so much cheaper also! when this baby is born i may start her on cloth diapers but i'm not sure because once i go back to work ill probably start disposables again Sad or i might just use cloth at home and disposable at the baby sitters . idk lmao .

and My daughter started teething at around 4 months .

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved