MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/06/2011 03:26 AM

Hi.. Im new.. :)

verorosas3
verorosas3Posts: 2

Hi everyone, i'm 15wks pregnant, going through a breakup again which is stressing me; determined in keeping my baby. this is the 2nd time i'm pregnant; 1st time was unfortunately an abortion :/ i need help on how i can tell my mom im pregnant again and wanna keep it this time. i've grown attached to my kid. and o forgot to mention, i attend school from 430-7. and i have no job yet and im pretty broke sad to admit. any suggestions?

01/06/2011 04:41 AM
missmegg
missmeggPosts: 218

Welcome! I'm Megan, 17 years old and nearly 33 weeks pregnant with a little girl (:

Lots of girls on here manage to have a baby, attend school, and work to support their baby. It's not easy at all, but it can be done. I suggest looking into things like WIC and Medicaid and other programs in your area that help young mothers with hospital bills, food, supplies, etc. And you can always message me if you need to talk to someone (:

01/06/2011 07:11 AM
YoungMom
YoungMom  

Hey, welcome to the group Smile My name is Lir, I'm 20 years old and have a 5 months old daughter.

You definitely need to tell your mom, because you're almost half way there and you need to figure out exactly how you're going to afford everything. You just need to sit her down, and tell her straight out, face to face. There is no easy way to do it, we've all been there, and you'll get through it Smile A lot of us are looking for jobs, and can't find any. A lot of non-pregnant kids are looking for jobs, people are not looking to hire a pregnant girl. It sucks :/ A lot of us have to rely on parents or boyfriends/husbands.

01/06/2011 08:19 AM
chipsbaiigul
chipsbaiigul  
Group Leader

hey! i'm isabella. i'm 17 and i have a 13 month old son.

you should definitely work on telling your mom. like megan said though, maybe look into a few programs first? just so you have something to show you're responsible to your mom. how old are you?

i work part time and go to college full-time and of course, take care of my son. and i'm a single mom. it's not easy and i wouldnt' suggest it to ANYONE not 100% sure that this is what you want to do, but it can be done. i was much like you in that i was determined to keep my baby. just make sure that you keeping him is the best thing for you AND the best thing for the baby. you have to be at least somewhat financially and emotionally responsible enough for this.

good luck telling your mom! and welcome to the group! (:

01/06/2011 10:01 AM
momma2be
momma2be  

Hey my names Toni, im 16 and 39 weeks pregnant. I agree, its really important to tell your mom..there really is no easy way to do it..i sent my mom a facebook message to tell her lol. have you been seeing a doctor?

01/06/2011 10:57 AM
verorosas3
verorosas3Posts: 2

Wow, I didn't expect replies til like tmm lol.

@ Megan, thank you that sounds like a good plan. and we can talk more through facebook if you dont mind?

@ Lir, thanks but if only you knew how my mother is. oh jeez.. :/ but thank you <3

@ Isabella, thank you<3 and im 16. im 100%sure i want to keep my baby Smile and im emotionally ready i mean i think i swear i can feel the baby's heart beat but its mad quiet. lol

@ Toni, thank you and no i havent gone to the docs yet.. i need to asap :/

To everyone; THANK YOU !! and to let you guys know im going to my therapy session today to talk with my therapist and by tonight i should have told my mom.. hopefully i can get back on to tell you guys how that goes.. but so we can keep more in contact, add me on facebook Smile

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000949508057#!/ profile.php?id=100000741503677

01/06/2011 12:28 PM
momma2be
momma2be  

i added you. Laughing

01/06/2011 12:31 PM
xsunshinee
xsunshinee  

Hello! my name is ashley im 18 and have a 7 month old son. Welcome.

and i added you. (:

01/06/2011 12:34 PM
momma2be
momma2be  

I know telling your mom is going to be hard, but i think the sooner you tell her the better because your already almost halfway through your pregnancy, its also REALLY important that you get to a doctor, by the time i was 20 weeks i had already seen my doctor 3-4 times, and most people have an ultrasound done at 20 weeks. I hope everything works out when you tell her, and she may even be upset at first, but chances are she will come around..you can message on here or facebook if you need anything

01/06/2011 12:48 PM
chipsbaiigul
chipsbaiigul  
Group Leader

i added you (:

i hope all goes well with your mother. but if it doesn't, you will still be fine. you seem like a strong girl and it can be done without her support. difficult, yes but it can be done. lir has never gotten the support of hers! but hopefully everything will be fine. good luck girl and let us know how it goes! <3

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved