MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/03/2010 11:31 PM

school. work. baby. ahhhh!

emilyheart
emilyheart  

sometimes i feel overwhelmed with school and work together, and i havent even had my baby yet! like i dont know how im going to juggle all 3! I really dont wanna give up my education so i want to atleast take 3 classes next semester and in order for me and sam to have our own apartment ill most likely have to work. i just dont see how im going to juggle all of that! and i want my baby to know im his mom and not spend most of his time without me there. It seems like its going to be impossible to have all 3, not give up my education, keep working, and spend all my time with my baby. thats just not possible. i just dont know how this is going to work...

10/03/2010 11:34 PM
heather18
heather18  

It's really hard. I was doing that in high school. If I where you I would take online classes. That's what I'm going to do next semester cause I'll have a job. I couldn't this semester cause I registered late and all the online classes where full.

10/04/2010 05:43 AM
Marcieparker
Marcieparker  

my best friend is taking online classes so she can stay at home with her little one but she says it gets a little hectic, she says even if he spends a lot of time with other people he will always know who his mama is.

10/04/2010 06:00 AM
cajunmomof4

Just take one thing at a time. It will all work out.

10/04/2010 06:01 AM
Mummy2b

I was wondering about that too...like my sis will be watching my son while im at school and stuff and although shes a year younger than i am shes far more "mummyish" than me and has more experience with babies and stuff. SO i was thinking he might like her more or think she is his mum.

10/04/2010 06:34 AM
cajunmomof4

Children will latch on to family members. My 4 year old would much rather hang out with her Aunt than with me BUT that doesn't mean that she doesn't love me or need me. She will always come to me when she needs something. It's perfectly normal for children to develop a great relationship with another family member. It's actually a great thing. It doesn't make you a bad mom. For me, I feel good to know that if my daughter feels like she can't come to me (later when she's older) about something, then at least she has her aunt to go to. I never felt I had anyone that I was close to when I was a teenager.

10/04/2010 10:50 AM
emilyheart
emilyheart  

i just wish there was a way not to work. HAs anyone applied for public assistance? or like housing assistance? or wic? like stufff that helps you

10/04/2010 11:15 AM
YoungMom
YoungMom  

I applied for wic, and medicaid insurance for Emuna and me. WIC I didn't find really helpful, but that's because Kyle's parents help with rent and Kyle does alright even with me not working that the extra stuff they got didn't do much. It was like cheap bread, and cans of beens, we need help but we weren't in such need that WIC helped.

Post edited by: YoungMom, at: 10/04/2010 11:15 AM

10/04/2010 11:22 AM
chipsbaiigul
chipsbaiigul  
Group Leader

are you 18? you could probably get food stamps and WIC. wic will really not help much but you'll get bread and peanut butter and fruits and veggies and milk and cheese and cereal i think. and they'll give you formula and then cereal and food for the baby. you might be able to get housing assistance too. why don't you call your county job and family services department?

10/04/2010 11:34 AM
emilyheart
emilyheart  

ya i probably will call and just find out more about it all. Lir you said you applied for medicaid, does that mean you got it? like if you apply is there any chance youll get turned down?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved