MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/26/2010 05:06 PM

Emotional Change?

Vickiann914
Vickiann914  

I HATE talking about my feelings, but I am pushing myself because I know anxiety isn't good for the baby.

I was wonder what emotional changes you all went through or are going through..

I though I was lucky and wouldn't be so emotionally unstable as others portray. (foolish me) But I was wrong. First off let me say that before all this I had severe depression, PTSD, and terrible anxiety, but I got all that under control. But now I seem to be spiraling down wards again. I don't know if it is the pregnancy and that change in the hormones and what not or if I should go back in to my therapists because all that is recurring. I have no idea what I should do. What do you all think?

06/26/2010 05:54 PM
Forkedfist
ForkedfistPosts: 928

Therapy might be able to help, or just talking it out. I was just thinking about today how it might help me to talk to some one. I've been on and off depressed before being pregnant and lately I've been really moody and upset. Angry not so much but sad, and down. I feel lazy and selfish, or just not proud of myself allot of the time. I talked to my boyfriend about it all today and he tried to make me feel better.

I know I was mad allot really early on. The first trimester beginning I was angry allot. Now I almost wish I was mad because I feel so sad all the time.

06/26/2010 09:08 PM
chipsbaiigul
chipsbaiigul  
Group Leader

second trimester really kicked my ass. like i was sad/mad at the beginning but the hormones got all out of whack in the second and i was miserable. i've seen a therapist ever since i got pregnant. i don't go that often anymore but it really was a lifesaver. i take Lexapro and Wellbutrin as anti-anxiety/depressants so i understand. i was definitely worse off with my PPD after i had him but it's been getting better gradually.

if you need anyone to talk to, PM/facebook/text/call me. lol. anything's cool. i'd love to help if i can. :]

i hope things get better for you!

07/08/2010 08:23 AM
Vickiann914
Vickiann914  

Yeah I took Lexapro before I found out I was pregnant, then I had to stop because they say you shouldn't take it in the second/third trimester or when you breast feed, so I stopped. I wish I could go more to my therapist but I just don't even feel like going there anymore... It's kind of annoying. And thanks, I don't even have energy to come on the computer so I rarely came on so sorry for the delay.

07/08/2010 08:27 AM
Vickiann914
Vickiann914  

Jessica,

that is exactly what I've had/do feel. I hate feeling selfish and lazy. Greg doesn't care he knows pregnancy does that, but I hate feeling like a huge bitch when I get upset and seem to just hurt those who I talk to when I am down.

07/08/2010 10:01 PM
Forkedfist
ForkedfistPosts: 928

I just feel like I lean on everyone else and I need so much help. My boyfriend does so much and I do such a minimum. And I freaked out on him last night because I never have food, which is of course not his fault. It's so aggravating because I can't suck it up enough to even be sorry or grateful half the time.

07/09/2010 06:07 PM
chipsbaiigul
chipsbaiigul  
Group Leader

really? i took lexapro after my first trimester, but only like 2.5 mg and the regular dose is 10 lol. so it really wasn't much of anything but it helped keep the moodswings down.

07/11/2010 02:27 PM
Vickiann914
Vickiann914  

Well they say lexapro is one of the safest to take during pregnancy, but it still can do damage. I started at 10 and would have gotten a higher dose if I wasn't pregnant, so I'm just glad I found out before any nasty side affects could happen.

07/11/2010 02:33 PM
Vickiann914
Vickiann914  

I don't do anything either...I had to quit my job because they didn't seem to care I was pregnant and needed to not stand for 6 hours straight and had a really rough first trimester. So I do nothing at home besides read and sleep and have my father constantly try to shove food down my throat while Greg works 12 hour days and trying to pay off a bed from Sleepys so I will be able to get out of bed. (we only have a mattress on the floor)I feel use less because we need to get out of my parents house because not only is it a burden to them, but also I don't get along with my father and I don't need anymore emotional damage when the baby comes. And all our financial issues are on him while I sit around doing nothing.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved