MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/25/2010 02:41 PM

Could I be pregnant?

smilingbre

So I might be pregnant. My boyfriend and I have tried to be very careful as to not get pregnant but I have had this weird very very very light spotting like a few drops the last few days and my period was suppose to start today and it hasn't. I've been having these crazy really bad headache for the last few days and just haven't felt well. Not to mention I've been "sassy" to everyone. My boyfriend told me today that I needed to stop being so sassy b/c it was driving him crazy... I don't even realize I am. I have had very weird cravings (even weirder then my usual cravings). I told my bf that I might be prego and told him what was going on. Hopefully my period starts soon! If not we are going to the store and getting a pregnancy test.... its his birthday weekend so I hate to spoil his great weekend by this. We have decided to take a pregnancy test Sunday and then throughout the week and next weekend (to make sure... if it shows up negative)... does it sound like I could be pregnant??? Is one test better then another test.... which test would you recommend?

06/25/2010 02:53 PM
taylorg0128
taylorg0128  

i got the clearblue just because it showed it in words and i knew i might misread the line thingys.. there more expensive but better in my opinion. (: uhm yeah. the first couple of weeks i got really bad headaches too.. but i didn't have any cravings then. you could be. goodluck though. <3

06/25/2010 03:49 PM
YoungMom
YoungMom  

Generally I think all test are the same. They are all testing too see if you have a certain hormone in your urine that shows up at about 4 weeks pregnant of after. I personally took ect I think the brand is called, there was a big plus sign within seconds. Normally you wouldn't have symptoms this early on, but if your period is late and you are sexually active there is always a chance. But be warned, when you start "thinking" you are pregnant you get all these pregnancy symptoms. If you're already late, take the test Sunday morning (make sure it's in the morning/when you first wake up) because that's when the test is most accurate.

06/25/2010 04:00 PM
Forkedfist
ForkedfistPosts: 928

First Response I've read shows up with the lowest amount of HGC. HGC is the hormone that tells your body that you're pregnant, so the less it measures for the more likely you are to get an accurate result.

06/25/2010 07:51 PM
chipsbaiigul
chipsbaiigul  
Group Leader

i definitely agree. Clearblue is the one i used too. it was a little more expensive but it was very clearly a "pregnant" result since it was words! lol. my mom got me another one and i took it and had no idea what it said and we are very intelligent people. i knew i was because of the first one though. lol.

i definitely agree with Lir. be careful about thinking you're pregnant. i know that one time i was absolutely determined i was pregnant and i wasn't no matter how many tests i took but i had all the symptoms. don't worry too much. :] let us know.

06/26/2010 06:40 AM
SHeLxo
SHeLxo  

I knew i was pregnant a week before my period was due. I could just tell. I tested with a target brand test 4 days before my missed period and still got a positive. what can i say, i was being cheap lol

06/26/2010 07:15 AM
missmadi
missmadi  

I tested with one of those off brands from the gas station...haha. But it showed up positive 3 days after my missed period. So it worked for me. I think all tests really are about the same. If you do have a little extra money though, I'd go with clearblue. They tell you in wordsTongue I think it's cool. haha

06/26/2010 09:14 AM
heather18
heather18  

I missed my period by like three months so I thought something fishy was going on. I got one of those store brand pregnancy test's from wal-mart and as soon as I peed on it there was a positive sign.

--------------------------------------------------------

HeatherSmile

Post edited by: heather18, at: 06/26/2010 09:14 AM

06/29/2010 08:12 PM
xoaugustbabyxo

yeahh before i was pregnant we had a scare n thought i was pregnant so i got the symptoms n all this n took a test n it said negative soo u can sike ur self out n get the symptoms but not really be pregnant Smile but this time i took the test n i took two n they came up negitive than i still didnt get my period so i took three more n they were postive.. i used the first responce ones! they have the one line if not pregnat n two lines if pregnant it shows it on there.. good luck with everything.. let us knoe how it goes!

06/30/2010 06:13 AM
Forkedfist
ForkedfistPosts: 928

Yeah I got a false negative a few days before my positive too. First Response claims to have the earliest results but allot of it may be smudged to make the packaging look better.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved