MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/18/2008 06:22 AM

Lyrica dosage

hopalong
hopalongPosts: 8

What dose Lyrica are prescribers currently taking?

I take one 50mg tablet before bed and sleep pretty hard. I've been taking it for 2 weeks now. I've noticed last night and this morning that my pain is back up. The bottle says take three times a day but my doctor told me to only take one in the evening.

Am I on too low of a dose? How does one function on a higher dose? Unsure

06/18/2008 08:31 AM
abetterday
abetterday  

I'm taking 200mg in the am and 200mg at night. I worked up to this amount over the last year and a half. I think I started off at 75mg per day, then 75mg twice per day, etc.

I do find it hard to function after I taking my morning meds (Lyrica, Topamax, Wellbutrin and Relefen). I have to go back to bed after taking them.

I wouldn't say you are on too low of a dose, you are just starting to take it, so you have to slowly increase your dosage. If your next appointment is coming soon, you could ask your doctor about increasing your dosage since your pain is going up again. Or, if you feel your appointment is too far away, you could just call and ask if you could increase it. I've done that before and they've said I could.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved