MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/03/2011 10:20 PM

anyone have these symptoms?

Penny1041
Penny1041Posts: 8

I am suddenly getting some swelling in both ankles and its getting more and more painful, hurts to walk and I just feel stiff all the time. It seems more like a Fibro flare but now I am thinking differently.

Any suggestions on how to get the swelling down? I am just miserable lately... I may just give in and go to the doctors..I am also dealing with this rash under my arm and its very painful, and bright red. I thought it may be from my bra but its not. It burns to even touch it. Ive had heat rash before and this is nothing like it. I just don't know whats going on with body. I feel like I'm just falling apart, everywhere.

How can I keep up with all this?

Thanks for listening-

Penny

Post edited by: Penny1041, at: 06/03/2011 10:21 PM

06/08/2011 04:57 AM
capecodgirl

I have generalized water retention, all over...my face (moon face), my legs and even my arms. I sweat so bad, I have perspiration that drips off my face with even the least little exertion so when I actually exercise I am crazy soaked. I don't know if the water pills help or not. And I get hot flashes that feel like menapausal ones but I am post menapausal...see what all you young women have to look forward to.........ha ha. I know its side effects of the Prednisone.

On a positive note, I have been dieting and exercising as I have a wedding to go to in a couple of months and I want to look better than I do now and want to have the stamina to dance so I have a goal.

Everyone have a good day.

06/08/2011 05:47 AM
mom2cutie
mom2cutiePosts: 24

I have generalized swelling also. Mostly in my face and occasionally one ankle. I take a blood pressure medication with a diuretic and that seems to help the water retention some. I also have to eat low sodium and that helps the most, but that's hard to stick too. Takes a lot of willpower. Just like dieting.

You should go see your doctor and get these symptoms checked out. I hope you have a supportive doctor. It really makes a big difference in the care you receive.

Please keep us posted as to how you are doing!!

Mom2cutie

09/12/2011 05:51 PM
terrimryan

Hi, I hear that you are a great person to chat with .

09/22/2011 09:59 PM
Penny1041
Penny1041Posts: 8

Hi everyone! I did go see a doctor and I was diagnosed with GOUT. On top of everything else, yours truly has gout. Its a big mess because I am on coumadin and almost everything conflicts with it. So all those new meds out there that could of helped, my doc will not prescribe! I haven't asked for a second opinion yet. I was trying to manage it without medication. I am not doing too hot of a job managing anything right now.

I sure am glad I can come vent over here. I hope everyone is hangin in there Silly

Penny

09/23/2011 10:49 PM
mom2cutie
mom2cutiePosts: 24

Wow. I don't know much about gout but I'm sorry you are dealing with that too. I have decided to try the gluten free approach and see if that helps with my TA. I am still on prednisone so I guess I won't really know if it helps prevent a new flare up until I am off the steroid. I have been gluten free for almost two weeks. Gluten is a known trigger for a disease called celiac and has also been linked to other auto immune diseases. It can't hurt to try.

I've been dealing with a lot of low back pain. Pretty sure it's not related to TA. I have some herniated discs. It's been very debilitating. I can't even put my own socks and shoes on.

The TA seems to be under control. I go back to the doctor this week for my 6th month check up and blood work.

Hang in there. Things will hopefully get better.

I go back to the doctor m

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved