MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/28/2012 12:44 PM

LAZY, BUSY TUESDAY!

jstsIm
jstsIm  
Group Leader

Today is sort of a kicked back day, one that allows me the option of what to do and when to do it! I love that! Nothing pressing, nothing that has to be done today or perfect the first time it is done! Cleaning and organizing is often like that. It took time for things to get dirty and disorganized, and it will take some time to put things back on track.

For the most part, it is just 2 of us here most of the time. Jim is very easy to get along with! He told me yesterday how much he appreciates me fixing meals. He is very easy to please in that department! Last night, having nothing really in the pantry, we made Slopy Joes, from scratch! They were excelent! Much better than the canned kind. Spegetti for tonight or maybe tacos...

It is a pretty day, very unlike yesterday, but it is cooler than it has been. I am watering the WEEDS out back, soaking them so I can pull them. Desert soil is more like concrete than dirt! LOL

What is everyone else up to?

02/28/2012 06:09 PM
myocd
myocd  

Hi Reba,

My day was regular. Got up, went to work, exercised, worked, went home.

Family members are having a cold. My wife is kind of pretty sick. a bit worried.

Very glad you seemed to have a good day to start with.

Love your words " It took time for things to get dirty and disorganized, and it will take some time to put things back on track."

Thanks!

HUGZ

02/29/2012 09:40 AM
jstsIm
jstsIm  
Group Leader

HI MYOCD! Miss you!

My current residence is a group living situation. People have come and gone for a few years here. Most of them going thru alot of things. Health, mental health, addictions, or just out of prison! Most were not able or prepared or willing to "keep house". It is still very dirty. And the house was not set up for people to live. No pots and pans, no silverware, no bakeware, so people were living off frozen burritos and boxed or prepared foods. Nothing to give them nutrition, just empty calories and alot of nitrates and preseratives, things that make you feel bad!

This month, I purhased a cheap set of pots and pans, bake ware, silverware, those of us still here have combined our food stuffs, we bought staples like sugar, flour, eggs, rice, potatos and beans. Chicken quarters and cheap hamburger! Usually it is just Jim and I for meals...I can always throw something tasty together, chicken and dumplings, enchalladas, SOS, burgers, slopy joes, fried chicken, baked chicken, spegetti! Tonight its baked chicken, stuffing, sweet potatoes (mashed) and green beans!

I think a good dinner is essencial to good sleep! The weather is still cool enough to enjoy country and comfort foods! Jim is I think feeling better too, I know I am!

The roaches here were really bad! Pest control only works if you remove whatever they areeating! GREASE! So I'm cleaning it up! I hadn't seen a bug in the kitchen in over 3 weeks, until the pest control guy spraye yesterday. Only saw 2, but that was enough! They gross me out!

The carpeting is filthy! But having it shanpooed now would be a wasted effort, so much dirt not only on top, but silt and sand between floor and padding, and padding and carpet must be vacuumed up as much as possible, then shampooing! There have been pets here too, so there are pet stains and spills...I vacuume everyday with a little upright Dirt Devil, but on Friday, I'm going to buy a cheap vacuume that has a hose and attachments to vacuume out windowsills, base boards, drawers, and the furniture too! That should go a long way to getting rid of the bugs and the odor from them!

Yes, my own OCD kicking in! I've not been killing myself trying to do it all in a day or even a week or month! I don't ask others to help either! It's not their thing! It's mine...and something I enjoy very much!

There are no draperies or curtains either, and people being able to look in causes me alot of undue stress! I cannot afford to by ready to hang curtains, but I can buy cheap sheets and sew up temporary ones! I plan to do this in just a few days! Chocolate brown for the sliding door and living room...Should only take an hour or two...

I have made a promise to myself, no matter what house problems come up, or if I continue to like it here, I'm going to stay atleast a year! Save my money, buy my trailer! Also, just thru observation, this "living" situation even if tempoprary for most who come thru here, is just existing! The goal for this type of housing should be to inspire us to want better! That cannot be done without a vision! Vision I have, if I don't offend anyone here with what I do, the things I enjoy doing, turning this flop house into a home, I believe it will inspire them too! I just don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, knowing my own need to keep my obsessive compulsiveness in check!

I do my best to do the noisy things when I'm here alone! When others are hom, I wash woodwork, or cook, bake, oil cupboards, clean the quiet stuff!

Man, I got wordy! Sorry about that!

Today, I'm going to MHA for help filling out an application for Goodwill. I am stressing about going outside into traffic and so many people. I'll take an extra Xanax and be just fine!

Well, I better get started or I'll talk myself out of doing anything!

LOVE YOU SO MUCH,

Reba

03/06/2012 05:55 PM
myocd
myocd  

Dear Reba,

Love your words as always. Hope you are doing well in these days.

Sorry that I have not been around much. My depression is kicking in. I am learning how to deal with it. Happy to see your post and inspiring words. Love this in particular "The goal for this type of housing should be to inspire us to want better!"

HUGZ

03/08/2012 08:39 AM
jstsIm
jstsIm  
Group Leader

Dear Myocd,

I think most of us are having bouts with seasonal depression...I too have taken short breaks from posting, a few days at a time, but I do try to check in to read the threads if anyone has posted.

Things for me are for the most part, getting better. I still have moments of overwhelming insecurity, flashes of anger, and lately I have noticed something that I'm uncertain of what it's called, being selfish or pushy! Not necessaraly bad things, I'm just not willing to do whatever I'm told to do. It isn't a good feeling tho either but confusing. Saying "NO" is new and uncomfortable, but I also find it strangely empowering.

I've been having some health issues, so I've been a little preoccupied with the "what if's" if you know what I mean. Yesterday, I went for xrays, Monday I go for blood work, then wait for scheduling of PET and bone scans...I wouldn't even bother with these but, they won't treat me for pain if I don't do them.

Anyway, for all that has been going on, I'm doing well! Better than I have in a very long time. I feel comfortable and am learning to relax LOL.

HUGZ AND A TICKLE!

Reba

03/08/2012 04:44 PM
myocd
myocd  

So glad that you are feeling better and doing better. That is one great news!!!

03/08/2012 04:55 PM
jstsIm
jstsIm  
Group Leader

There has been a change in me, one I can't explain or even want to explore! I'm putting an effort into being the person I want to be. I'm ignoring alot of things that usually would make me hide in my room! I'm not allowing unkind words or someoneelses actions take away the good feelings I cling to thru my day! I'm physically more active too, sleeping a little better...

03/09/2012 03:19 PM
myocd
myocd  

Great! Thanks for sharing your triumph with us, Reba!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved