MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/05/2012 11:34 AM

LACK OF STRESS CAUSING STRESS?

jstsIm
jstsIm  
Group Leader

Why is it that after stress is reduced, that overwhelming feelings hit out of the blue? It's like I'm so use to being at that heightened state of aggitation that now that things have calmed down, I have too much "head space" time to think about garbage from the past! I feel weepy today, not anxious or nervous, not angry or any of the things I usually wake up feeling. I just wish I hadn't made so many bad mistakes, and my head won't let me shut off the negative things.

I suppose on some level this is normal. But it sucks!

I'm going to go make something to eat. Pancakes and a couple of eggs, my favorite breakfast! Maybe do a little light cleaning, get my body in motion can only help slowing down my brain! LOL

I'll let you know if it works!

02/05/2012 05:32 PM
myocd
myocd  

Hope it worked out for you, Reba!

Thoughts that cannot be turned off really suck.

I got those a lot from my ocd too.

HUGZ

02/05/2012 09:34 PM
jstsIm
jstsIm  
Group Leader

You know too, that when that happens it feels like your the only one in the whole world that is going thru it! I'm very lucky to have friends that hare their "issues" with me to, to let me know I'm not alone when things get....sticky!

I did get up and did some chores, cooked some, cleaned some, did a bit of yard work. Now the depression has lifted and I feel great!

The guys watched the game, then I made burgers and potato salad, it wasn't much but we were together and I haven't felt so at HOME with a group of people in years litterally!

We talk and laugh, listen to country music, share our issues and even talk about how to make the group home situation WORK for us...I know it's only been a few days, but this so far is the best place I've been!

02/06/2012 05:50 PM
myocd
myocd  

I am so happy to read this.

SO HAPPY!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved