MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/06/2011 02:32 PM

Stress and overcoming it...

mindyc
mindyc  
I'm an Advocate

Please feel free to discuss something stressful that happened to you and how you overcame it. This discussion is not meant to depress you, but to help you realize that you CAN overcome stressful things!!! YAY YOU!!! Smile

02/08/2011 07:26 PM
davesprettylady

Life is pretty stressfull right now, SO many things going on. I'm exhausted. The stress has been weighing on me, and I'm starting to get anxiety and I've been on the verge of a panic attack more than once in the last few weeks. I've been taking 2 herbal supplements, Bach Flower's Rescue Remedy and Holy Basil (both have helped in the past with my anxiety) as well as taking long hot showers and a muscle relaxant when the muscles in my neck get tight enough to cause a headache.

02/09/2011 05:53 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Well it's alot, has to do with family, extended family, and my work stiffing me for months out of due pay. I'm very disgusted and stressed. The regular meds don't help me sleep. Still getting 5 hours. The only thing that's helping I think is my increasing my Vitamin D intake as the doctor suggested. Hoping i make it through this. It's hard when the stress is chronic. Rachele

02/09/2011 07:55 AM
mindyc
mindyc  
I'm an Advocate

Jen, even though you have so many things going on in your life, I see that you are taking steps to deal with your stress and that's the best thing any of us can do. Sometimes it's easier just to lie down and let life run over you, but you are trying to combat it. AWESOME!!! I hope things get better for you very soon and if you ever need to vent, please feel free to PM me!!! Keep up the good work! Smile

02/09/2011 08:04 AM
mindyc
mindyc  
I'm an Advocate

Rachele, I know you are going through a lot and I had hoped things were getting much better for you. What's the deal with work stiffing you out of pay? Why? That has got to be so frustrating! I just went to a new(ish) doctor yesterday and he is changing my existing medications up - I hope that helps with my sleep and the rest. I know how you feel about the sleep - - there have been so many times when I have been trying out new medication or not able to get mine (LOOOOVE the insurance and pharmacies, don't you?) that if I can't get to sleep pretty quickly, I literally start to panic. And getting five hours of sleep can't be very refreshing for you. I am sorry.

I know things continue to be rough, BUT there is the bright side that your doctor has suggested something and you are open to try it and it seems to be helping. The purpose of this post was to get you thinking about the things YOU are actively doing to get better so that you can see you ARE making progress. As I mentioned in Jen's post - the fact that you are actively trying new things means that you haven't decided to just give up. That's a HUGE part of the battle!! Good for you!! Keep going and keep trying things to make you feel better. That's the only way I know for us to conquer our stressors (and believe me, I know what you are saying about the chronic stress...I am there with you right now). Just keep keeping on!!! Smile

02/10/2011 07:50 PM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

I'm found a way out of my job problems. An opportunity came my way and an office for my own business had found me today and there is now new found opportunity and light at the end of this tunnel. One area to be excited about.

02/10/2011 11:34 PM
davesprettylady

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you Smile I pray the blessings keep coming.

02/13/2011 05:36 PM
mindyc
mindyc  
I'm an Advocate

I'm so happy for you, Rachele!! Smile I hope this is just the thing that turns everything else around for you!

02/13/2011 06:55 PM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Thank you both, I am anxious and excited in a good way. I know this is what will be the right thing and what I have wanted for some years now, the goal and what I always strived to do. The time has finally come. Rachele

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved