MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/29/2011 02:24 PM

miss my daddy

mollymae2002
mollymae2002  

i miss my dad so much. in may this year it will be two years, i don't know if i cant handle it anymore its so hard. and its very stressful. really why is it so hard.....i don't know anymore....

01/29/2011 04:54 PM
mollymae2002
mollymae2002  

my dad died from lung cancer in may 2009. it went to his brain. he was diagnosed in jan and died in may.. i just miss him so much its been hell. feel very lonely.

01/30/2011 08:05 PM
davesprettylady

Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there is not much that I can say that will make the pain go away or make you feel better. My grandfather, who I was very close to passed away 2 weeks ago. It hurts, but it will fade in time. Please know that you are not alone, everyone here, myself included is here for you to lean on. Please feel free to pm me anytime.

*hugs*

- Jen

01/31/2011 05:34 AM
poorjane
poorjane  

So sorry to hear of your loss. There will be days where the memories and pain just pop up, and sorta catch you off guard. Thats when you should remember the good times and smile. That little smile is like a ray of sunshine on a rainy (or snowy) day. and its ok and natural to feel sad.

01/31/2011 09:54 AM
mindyc
mindyc  
I'm an Advocate

I am so sorry you lost your dad. I wish there was something I could say or do to help you through the pain of losing him. It's really unbearable to lose someone and there will be pain and sadness, but it's really important to also remember the happy times and the wonderful memories you have of him. Those are the things that get you through, I promise.

It's perfectly okay to mourn his loss, but it's also perfectly okay to remember that life still holds hope and that your dad would want you to live a happy life.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing and let us help you by being here and listening to you.

Great big hugs to you,

mindyc

02/03/2011 05:56 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

I miss my mom all the time. Even 3 and a half years later. I still cry and wish she was here. I totally understand your pain. Anytime you want to talk, I'm here just a PM away. Hugs, Rachele

02/06/2011 02:25 PM
mindyc
mindyc  
I'm an Advocate

Rachele, I immediately thought of you when I read mollymae 2002's post about her dad. You two could really be a source of comfort to each other since you have lost your mom as well. I think if we haven't lost a parent, it's hard for us to know EXACTLY how you are feeling and you two know exactly how it feels and can empathize with each other.

There's no bright spot in losing a parent, but at least perhaps you can help each other.

Hugs to you both,

mindyc

02/09/2011 05:50 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

It is hard, still is missing my mom. Just wrote about in my diary. I was crying again last night just hearing a song reminded me.

02/09/2011 08:10 AM
mindyc
mindyc  
I'm an Advocate

I know when we lose someone who was so close and dear to us that we are always going to miss them. That's the way life, unfortunately, goes. But I think the fact that you are writing about how you feel in your diary and allowing others to read it will be helpful to you, but also to them too. Perhaps they are newer in the grieving process than you and they can learn from you or gain perspective about something you have said that they can apply to their own process of grieving.

I think what you are doing is great and I hope that sharing, grieving, and/or venting about how you feel is cathartic and can help you.

Hugs to you, my friend Smile

mindyc

02/16/2011 04:14 PM
mollymae2002
mollymae2002  

i was crying again today i miss my dad so much... for some reason it was more today then anyother day... idk anymore..... i need some help....

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved