MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/05/2011 06:00 PM

What movie character are you most like?????

lollipop
lollipop  
Group Leader

What movie or television character would you say you act the most like. When I was younger, people used to say I was like Lucy off the "I love Lucy" show.

Now that I'm older and have raised children, people say I'm more like Madea off the "Madea's Family Reunion" and "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" and "Madea Goes To Jail" by Tyler Perry..... and I'm starting to feel more like this too!!!!!! Grin

01/05/2011 06:27 PM
sallyo
sallyoPosts: 3684
Group Leader

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I'm a lot like the wife in "What About Bob." Kind of clueless on some things. lol

01/05/2011 09:08 PM
volleyballlover

I would probably say that I'm most like Meg Ryan in Sleepless in Seattle- a totally hopeless romantic; her friend even tells her, you don't want to be in love, you want to be in love in a movie!; she does something so crazy for love, goes out on a total limb and falls for the guy of her dreams at the end... I think I would do the same thing, but I already found the man of my dreams so I'm not going to worry about that.

-Ps- I love the wife in what about bob? She is so sweet Smile And she's nice to Bob!!!

Post edited by: volleyballlover, at: 01/05/2011 10:30 PM

01/05/2011 10:11 PM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

This kind of question ends up making me want to write a thesis. Not that I am that complex or special of a person (But thanks for the suggestion, Volley!) but that I can think of characters that have some of my traits but not all of them. I ALWAYS have Lucy's penchant for getting into trouble. Once, many years ago, my tub was leaking and I got it into my head that I could fix that leak. It was Lucy time for sure then. I will not confess more than that now. When I was younger, I would have said Linda Hamilton's character in Terminator II, without her hatred for males of the species. The character I most want to be like is Frodo but I am probably more like the Jeff Goldblum characters in Independence Day and Jurassic Park (the nerd who can be brave when she has to). I think, overall, that I am probably closest to the Janeane Garofalo character in Reality Bites. But I wish I were the Winona Ryder character, cause she gets the guy (Ethan Hawke as a soulful troubled Texan...just wish he would wash his hair more often).

01/06/2011 12:07 AM
Imnoangel
Imnoangel  

LOL Married!! Smile Love that answer!

I most relate to both of the lead female characters in The Sweetest Thing.. only more conservative. Laughing I also think I'm kind of like Rachel from friends. Fairly smart, but come off dingy sometimes. Laughing

01/06/2011 12:18 AM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

The Sweetest thing? Isn't the mom dying of a terminal disease in that movie? Am I all screwed up?

01/06/2011 12:25 AM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

Whooooops. I was all screwed up. Just looked this up on IMDB.

01/06/2011 08:20 AM
Imnoangel
Imnoangel  

LOL.. The Sweetest Thing is a comedy with Cameron Diaz and the girl from Married with Children. Uhhhhh... I am starting to be able to tell that I'm sleep deprived. Laughing I can't remember Kelly Bundy's real name. Laughing Laughing Laughing.... and I'm too lazy to google.

01/06/2011 09:15 AM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

If you were to ask my husband, he would say Lucy for sure. So many times he would say "you're doing a Lucy thing" I always like to fix things and do projects myself, just to get things done. I'm a doer, not a talker....which can be good or bad! I have a girlfriend who also likes projects and we get into all kinds together. Last night we opened the seam of one of our recliner's at the foot rest, and replaced the board that my son broke, doing a back kick to close it. I replaced it with oak this time, so even his black belt back kick, won't break it.

One time, we have jet skis on a trailer in the driveway, I always ask my husband to back them as close to the house as possible so the driveway has more room. Well he didn't, he wasn't home, I went out there with my son, I had him remove the stoppers because there is a slope. Well because of the slope, the trailer starting rolling down the driveway and I stopped it just in time from hitting my car... Then I was able to push it back up against the house, stoppers and all.....PHEWWWW!!!!

Hopeful

01/06/2011 08:35 PM
wifeonbpexpress
wifeonbpexpress  
VIP Member

I think that's Christina Applegate (Kelly Bundy).

When I was a kid, I wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder. For some reason I really related to her personality.

I think I'm a bit like Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. I can be proper, but also a bit outspoken and a smart a** sometimes.

I'm also a bit like Mary Tyler Moore in her tv show from the 70's. She has a sweetness, yet she had a sassy side to her, too.

I can't think of any one character that I'm most like. A composite of several maybe.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved