MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/10/2012 01:09 PM

Trying to divorce a bipolar spouse

flcrouch4

I've posted one other time here before about my spouse. I didn't even realize he was bipolar until I found some medical records from his past and at that time the pieces fell together as to why he had become so abusive and distraught. Now it's been 10 months and we have been working on a divorce for that long and I'm at the end of my rope. He is such a yo-yo and I know it has to do with his illness but my daughter has also become a yo-yo between us because he will not follow what has been agreed upon and pick her up whenever he wants and tells me after the fact. He refuses to finish the divorce cause he says "I'm not done yet!" I love this man very much and wished he would face his problems but I can no longer face it alone and watch him destroy myself and my family. I really don't know what to do anymore. He has started driving by my house along with his mother. He sends me hate emails and until recently was txting me about nothing just to try and get me to talk to him. I told him I had enough and he needed to move on. I'm so afraid hes going to pick my daughter up from daycare one day and disappear cause thats what he always did when things got tough (not with my daughter). He would be gone for days and no one would know where he was. I guess I'm not really asking a question I'm just venting cause I'm so stressed and living in fear right now and everyone keeps saying "he would never" but I know what the "he would never" turned out to be. I hope and pray that he can stay in a level state of mind and not do anything to or with my daughter. She is only 3.

05/10/2012 01:30 PM
Silverlock
Silverlock  
VIP Member

I am sorry to hear about this. Is there anyway to let the Daycare know not to let anybody but your pick up your daughter?

05/10/2012 01:31 PM
flcrouch4

Unless i have court ordered documents there is nothing I can do. Believe me I am on the phone with my lawyer atleast twice a week. I've even thought about finding another daycare so he won't even know where she is but it may make him more mad and when he does get her he may run. I just don't know.

05/10/2012 01:46 PM
Silverlock
Silverlock  
VIP Member

I am sorry to hear that. I do not have any kids in daycare, so I did not know what the rules were.

05/10/2012 01:47 PM
flcrouch4

Thank you for your concern.

05/10/2012 01:56 PM
WornOut2
WornOut2  

Can you not get a restraining order to prohibit contact with both you and your daughter? If he has a history of being abusive, I would think that that would be possible.

I'm sorry. This sounds like a terrible situation. Maybe you need a more pro active attorney?

05/10/2012 02:04 PM
flcrouch4

I did in the beginning but unless he does something abusive again I can't. We go to court next week but I think it's just going to be another wash. Will see. So ready for this to be over.

05/10/2012 07:54 PM
wifeonbpexpress
wifeonbpexpress  
VIP Member

I would move her to another daycare. I'd do anything to protect her from him.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved