MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/06/2012 10:22 AM

Please help me cope with my bipolar husband(page 2)

Princess71
Princess71  

He's home Smile we had a nice quiet evening together talking and just being together. I took all the advice i was given and i didn't push any issues, i didn't question him or act mad at him, which i was a little, but i know it's not his fault so i didn't share any of my negative feelings, that wouldn't have helped anything. The hospital changed his meds and he is very confident about it. I truly feel he wants the help and that makes me happy, it gives me hope that we may just be ok, i will do my best to support him and love him, in sickness and in health... Right? I'm just so happy he is home now and he says how much he missed us. I am so happy that i found this website, it really helps me to know that i'm not the only one living this kind of life. I really appreciate all of you and i finally don't feel so alone, which is a horrible and hopeless feeling. So thank you again to all of you and i will definetly keep everyone posted on his progress... Our progress.

Laughing ((( HUGS for everyone)))

05/06/2012 11:07 AM
Silverlock
Silverlock  
VIP Member

That is great to hear!

05/06/2012 11:58 AM
Kitkat777
Kitkat777  

I'm so happy your husband is home with you.

Keep working hard maintaining calm no matter what. I know how hard this is given your feelings and they are justified. You will get your chance! Smile

It's been 3 months for me and now we're getting there.

Smile. You're doing great!! Calm calm calm!! Keep it light.

Try to think of a couple neutral things to talk about to keep you from going to the heavy stuff for now.

Sooooo happy for you!

05/06/2012 01:36 PM
hythloday
hythloday  

Good news!

I will tell you something that I sometimes forget: we often think of mania as a delusional state, and that's absolutely true, but depression, when it gets bad enough, is also VERY delusional. The things my wife says when really depressed have no correspondence to any semblance of reality; the whole of her personal history gets rewritten by depression, and appeals to reality, logic etc. mean absolutely nothing to her.

In other words, don't let yourself be defined by his bipolar thoughts.

05/06/2012 03:59 PM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

you are off to a great start, if you find yourself upset, take deep breaths and count to ten. you can do it!

05/06/2012 04:44 PM
ilovemckenzi

((((((((((Princess))))))))))

Big hugs - you are in my thoughts. What has worked best for me is kindness and gentleness. I can't fix it - but, I can care. Come here to cry and vent. I sure have.

05/06/2012 05:12 PM
WornOut2
WornOut2  

Welcome to the group, Princess. Glad to hear he is home with you and things seem to be going OK. Been there, done that, and I know how scarey it is. Like everyone said, it is best to remain as calm as possible. Easier said than done, I know, but you can do it. There are many people on this site silently cheering you on!

Vent when you need to and share what's going one when possible. Lots of good advice on this site!

05/06/2012 05:59 PM
lifeishard
lifeishard  

Well said WornOut!! Welcome Princess!! Don't hesitate to ask lots of questions at this point in the process. You will be WAY ahead of the game if you receive wise counsel on how to handle the situation you are facing in these early stages...it will really save a lot of heartache! You should be proud of how you have handled everything so far!!

05/06/2012 06:55 PM
wifeonbpexpress
wifeonbpexpress  
VIP Member

Great job, Princess! Now just know that things won't stay all peachy, most likely. He is not stable yet, but it sounds like he wants to be, so that's HUGE! Things will happen out of the blue and there might be some crisis situations. Just know you can come here and run it by whoever is around. We will help the best we can. I know I've needed to do that more than once and it is a lifeline to get feedback in rough situations. You're doing great, keep us updated!

05/07/2012 02:24 PM
Princess71
Princess71  

So i was just wondering, is it normal for me to break out into tears? I'm at work and just started crying, I won't tell anybody why because, well, it's nobody's business...except you all of course. I don't think i could make it without you, this is so hard. Sad

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved