MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/02/2012 08:24 AM

Another Good Report

lollipop
lollipop  
Group Leader

Last night my hubby and I attended a dinner in support of a candidate that is running for State Representative. While there, I met (for the first time) one of my husband's bosses. He is waaaaay up there and he approached me and introduced himself and bragged on what a great guy my husband is and how valuable my husband is and what a good job he does. I smiled and was as friendly as I could be, being caught off guard as I say....and then he came up to us a couple more times and was looking at us and smiling as we were leaving to go home, too. I look back over the journey of the last 2 years and am amazed things have gone as well as they have. I also am amazed that my husband, even in his deep episodes, was strong enough to hold it together and hang in there. Remember when he wasn't even able to read and comprehend everything he was reading? And how he had to communicate constantly through email with me on his bad days where I could encourage him to hang in there? For now those days have taken a backseat. I do realize things can "snap" at anytime and he could have a breakthrough episode or something. He is running a little hypomanic right now, but it's manageable. I'm just so thankful for now that things have gotten this good. I wouldn't have ever imagined it to have turned around this well even as far back as last summer. I want to encourage people who are still striving to find the correct medications to hang in there and don't give up. And of course prayer works wonders! Thanks to everyone who was here for us.

05/02/2012 08:38 AM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

I am so glad you had a positive experience last night. What a change from when you first started posting, great to see! I pray it only gets better and you have many more nights like last nights. It is hard for someone who has bp to hold it together at work and I applaud anyone that can and does. Smile

05/02/2012 08:41 AM
ridingthewaves
ridingthewavesPosts: 1494

Thanks Lolli! It is a good reminder for me. We are struggling with cycling at my house and it can really be a downer sometimes. Thanks for the reminder that this is a journey.

I am so happy for how far you both have come!

05/02/2012 09:18 AM
chuckels82

Awesome report, Lollipop!!! It does my soul a lot of good to hear about progress. It truly IS amazing that they can get it back together after devastatingly horrible episodes. Thanks for posting this. It brightened my day to hear that things are running much more smoothly for you and your husband.

05/02/2012 07:35 PM
updownaround

Sounds great! It's so good to hear the stories about when things are going well.

05/02/2012 07:40 PM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

This is WONDERFUL to hear! I know that it wasn't that many months ago that you thought he would never get his old "spark" back. Well, he has it back now!!!!

Praise be!!!!

05/02/2012 08:08 PM
WornOut2
WornOut2  

Fabulous news Lolli! I'm so glad to hear that things are going so much better. My husband is still in that struggling but managing to keep it together at work somehow place and your post gives me hope that he will eventually "turn the corner" and things will begin to improve.

Post edited by: WornOut2, at: 05/02/2012 08:08 PM

05/02/2012 08:15 PM
Kitkat777
Kitkat777  

I'm so happy for you both. Smile

05/03/2012 03:46 AM
justhurt
justhurt  

Yayyyyyyy! Proud of you both lolli!

05/03/2012 06:29 AM
lollipop
lollipop  
Group Leader

Thanks guys, I guess I can finally retire my iron skillet....at least for now....Laughing

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved