MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/30/2012 09:21 PM

Three things I am grateful for today!

marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

Thanks to my friend here, Hopeful, I was inspired to start this thread to help us remember what we are grateful for today!

I am grateful for:

my husband choosing stability. Too many choose madness and stability is SO very hard....so I am grateful.

my job. I enjoy it tons (though like everyone, there are things I hatehatehate about it, like boring policy meetings Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Devil Devil Devil Devil Sick Sick Sick Sick ) and it gives my family very good health insurance!

my health. I recently had one of my post-cancer checkups (every six months now) and I was telling the NP how I hardly ever dreamed of cancer or thought of cancer these days. And I feel good (probably because I set myself a dealbreaker about swimming three times a week at the Y) and strong and capable. If you have ever been really ill (or if you are now ill!!! thinking of your back, Innerglow Smile ), you feel so incapable!

I am grateful for feeling capable again!

my many friends here on MDJ. Wait! That's four!!!!

Blink Blink Blink Blink Dizzy Dizzy Dizzy Ermm Ermm Ermm

03/30/2012 09:49 PM
esposa

I think it is very important to take time for gratitude each day. You have been through so much, and I thank you for the reminder to focus on the positive, too.

03/30/2012 10:00 PM
Kitkat777
Kitkat777  

Im grateful for my job too. I like it and I'm aware how fortunate we are to have good health insurance.

I'm grateful for our dog. We love him so much abd he's such a good dog. He played an important role during my husbands episode and now we call him out therapy dog. There is even a web site we found called guide dogs for the mind- basically service dogs for mental health.

Grateful that my husband is committed to wellness

Grateful for my inlaws. Besides you guys here at MDJ they were abd are my rock

03/31/2012 04:53 PM
grace72891
grace72891  

I am grateful that no one got hurt at work last night, especially me! And that I got to home alive and well last night.

I am grateful that there were two job openings with that company available that were just posted a couple of days ago, so I could submit resume last night. I am really, REALLY excited about it. I really hope they call me.

I am grateful that OT has come to an end for a few months. It will be nice to get a break and spend more time home with my family.

03/31/2012 05:31 PM
Silverlock
Silverlock  
VIP Member

I am very grateful for all of you here on this forum.

04/01/2012 11:26 AM
wifeonbpexpress
wifeonbpexpress  
VIP Member

I am grateful that my MIL is doing better and has been in a good mood while I've been here. She might be going home tomorrow (God spare me of the wrath if she doesn't) so I have to prepare myself for any upsets she might have because of what my SIL did to clean up her house before I came. My MIL has bp, so her moods can be extremely volatile. She's never blown up at me so I'm hoping she doesn't. I think as the week goes on, I'll give her more and more space because she is very easily irritated, but doesn't always say so. I call her "sugar coated dynamite". Sweet on the outside, but watch it cuz if she blows, she blows big. I'd almost rather have her say what she really feels rather than having to take her to the ER with a panic attack that she will say feels like a heart attack.

Wish me luck, guys, I'm hanging in there.

04/01/2012 12:20 PM
sewnup
sewnup  

I'd like to thank my Higher Power for another day clean, for both me and my husband. We don't have to use drugs today. For that I am grateful.

I am also grateful for our family, for without them we would be homeless and naked.

I am grateful for my Mom. Even though I have made some bad decisions in my life, she taught me well, and I still have those morals and values.

04/02/2012 08:16 AM
sallyo
sallyoPosts: 3687
Group Leader

Wishing you luck, wife!

I'm grateful for last Friday's girls night out, where a friend and I went to dinner and talked for 3 hours.

I'm grateful for a relaxing weekend and spending some time with 2 of my grandchildren.

And I'm grateful for you here on mdj.

04/02/2012 09:38 AM
WornOut2
WornOut2  

Wishing you luck Wife!

I am grateful for this group, with whom I don't spend nearly enough time (but I am trying to fix that).

I am grateful that I am only working four days this week and then have five days off (although I know that I will pay for it when I return to work).

I am grateful that - much as he really hates that this is the way it has to be (his words) - my husband will be spending a majority of the summer home either in a partial hospitalization program or intensive outpatient program trying to find some peace of mind and some semblance of stability rather than at our vacation home in the mountains (since he is a teacher, he does not work in the summer)

04/02/2012 09:44 AM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

I pray she appreciates what a great DIL you are to come and help her in her time of need Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved