MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/29/2012 12:40 PM

Panic Attack

Silverlock
Silverlock  
VIP Member

I am having a panic attack that I will never see my wife again. I am trying to get thoguh te last 20 min of work without crying. I want to at least get to my car before I do that. I hate this up and down. One min I think I have accepted it, then the next this happens.

I am losing my best friend.

03/29/2012 12:57 PM
hythloday
hythloday  

Deep breaths into your belly, Silverlock. Things will get better.

Posted again in "ups and downs": in addition to counseling, exercise has helped me get through anxiety and stress (and it's good for you). Work that pent up energy out of your system.

We're here for you.

03/29/2012 01:02 PM
Kitkat777
Kitkat777  

If you can, get a hot water bottle and place it on your solar plexus area when you lie down. This can help with the panic attacks. Also Xanax or ativan is effective. I can't take those as they depress me and my thinking gets very negative but they can be very helpful.

Keep breathing. That solar plexus area is key for me. Even just placing my hands there has calmed me.

You'll be ok.

03/29/2012 01:20 PM
Kitkat777
Kitkat777  

This DBT exercise also helps me alot and you can do anywhere

5-4-3-2-1

Find 5 things you can see

4 things you can hear

3 things you can touch

2 things you can smell

1 thing you can taste.

Also, when I found I kept thinking of him and feeling hurt I would distract myself by naming every fruit, then vegetable. Sounds silly but it helped me distract myself and I got relief from thinking about him and feeling such grief.

So glad you found this site. We are all here for you Smile

03/29/2012 01:45 PM
Silverlock
Silverlock  
VIP Member

Thank all of you for your replies. I am home now. I think I am getting it back under control. I hate to think what this last week would be without yall.

03/29/2012 01:45 PM
esposa

Keep breathing. Count to 7 slowly while you breathe in, then hold it for 7 seconds. Count to 7 again as you breathe out slowly. I am so sorry you are going through this.

03/29/2012 02:18 PM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

Silverlock, I had my dr give me something to just take the edge off when my husband what at his worst. I don't take it anymore now that he is stable, but it sure got me through, you honestly might want and need to get something to get you through. Sometimes we need a little help. I am sorry you are going through this and I pray things get better soon for you.

03/29/2012 02:23 PM
VinnyB

Silverlock:

This is natural. I went to my doctor when this all came down on me. I was coping pretty well, but emotionally there were times I just wanted to feel "numb" not out of it but"numb".

I got some Xanax and it work great. I was clear headed, I only took it when I fee overwhelmed, which is rare, but it is great when I do.

03/29/2012 02:31 PM
Silverlock
Silverlock  
VIP Member

It is just so sad. The Psychiatrist works between at least 3 facilities. There is no direct office number or email listed anywhere for the doctor. The only thing I can do is leave messages with Kaiser to put in my wife's chart. I probably should not have done this, but I used Emailfinder to send the doctor an email. It does not give you the address, it only sends the email for you. I don't even know if it really works. But I had to send something letting the doctor know what is going on. It may not accomplish anything but I have to know I tried everything.

03/29/2012 04:57 PM
Silverlock
Silverlock  
VIP Member

I don't know yet, but I think things just got worse for my wife. The whole thing that started her whole "I going to live life" manic attack was the death of several people around her. I just found out that the husband of a friend of ours died yesterday. My wife was on the phone with their daughter when it happened. I am hoping her best female friend will call or text me this weekend.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved