MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/21/2012 01:04 PM

He Was Arrested!

kalissalea
kalissalea  

Oh lord. So after a couple of weeks of not hearing from him...I get a call today from him at work that he has some "bad news." He was arrested yesterday, and put in jail! Apparently he's been smoking weed at his new place with people, and his landlord did not take too kindly to it. The police showed up with a warrant, and arrested him.

Good news, the media reported him arrested at his "home," and gave the address of his rental...so people won't necessarily associate me with it unless they are aware that he left me. He has a lawyer, and my MIL is paying for it (which I'm ashamed to say makes me smile a little). He was suspended with pay from his job, and it's anyone's guess if he will get to keep it.

What blows me away most...he is still in denial! Minimizing, not wanting to face the bigger picture. Trying to protect the people in his life that are contibuting to the bad behavior. Unreal.

I'm faxing in the listing agreement on the house right now. Either way, my plans have not changed...I'm doing what is best for me. Hopefully he starts doing what is best for him.

02/21/2012 01:07 PM
wifeonbpexpress
wifeonbpexpress  
VIP Member

Doesn't surprise me.

02/21/2012 01:18 PM
Kitkat777
Kitkat777  

Weed seems to be rampant with BP.

Glad you are keeping strong! Inspiring.

02/21/2012 01:34 PM
ridingthewaves
ridingthewavesPosts: 1494

I think you have a good attitude. Keep doing what is best for you.

I would hope that this arrest and possible loss of his job would help him to "see the light" but for some (my SO is one) that isn't enough. Each person has their own bottom, unfortunetly he has a lot of help to keep him from hitting that bottom.

I wish it would have been suspended WITHOUT pay... that might have helped.

Remember, if he wants to smoke weed, fly over the chcken coop, whatever, i isn't a reflection on you. He is his own person. Try not to think of what people will think about you.

02/21/2012 02:13 PM
lollipop
lollipop  
Group Leader

Change the words to the Carpenter's song "We've Only Just Begun" to...."He's Only Just Begun".....................Wink

02/21/2012 02:16 PM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

It sounds like your MIL is going to be his demise. If they would just wake up and smell he has bipolar, but as long as they keep bailing him out of these jams, he won't hit bottom. I am glad you are doing what is best for you, it sounds like you have no choice right now since no one is looking out for you. I am surprised he even called you, no I take that back, I am not surprised at all.....lol

02/21/2012 04:10 PM
justhurt
justhurt  

Toast....

Sorry , had to say it.

Justhurt

02/21/2012 04:35 PM
kalissalea
kalissalea  

I know I shouldn't be shocked, but I constantly am by the poor choices. I wouldn't be suprised if my in-laws still blame me for it somehow. I also found out his Psychiatrist (the new one) dropped him as a patient due to failure to attend his last appointment (probably more like failure to be honest). He also dropped his Psycologist and is seeing a new one. He really cannot face his own behavior, and the series of events that have unfolded over the last year. I fear you are right...he has only just begun...

He has lost his home, wife, committed adultry, been to the ER and so many doctors I've lost count, been arrested, and may loose his career now as well....and blown lots of money in the process. It's like life is just one big party for him...he screws something up, then moves on to the next thing without learning from the mistake. Ignore it...pretend it didn't happen...and keep busy so you never think about it again.

02/21/2012 04:45 PM
chelle005
chelle005Posts: 2466
VIP Member

How much weed does one have to have to get a search warrant and to be arrested. My guess is a lot. Sorry but maybe this will help.

02/21/2012 04:50 PM
kalissalea
kalissalea  

I was wondering about that too. I doubt I got the full story...if I'm lucky some of it was the truth. He is living in his own reality, which may not be the same one you and I are living in.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved