MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/06/2012 08:33 PM

LindaCarter's Virtual Birthday Party!!!! Woohoo!!!

marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

In about 30 minutes (EST), it will be LindaCarter's 35th birthday!

Happy birthday LINDACARTER!!!! WoooHOOOO!!!!!

Time for one of our fabulous birthday parties!

What virtual gift are your bringing Linda? What are you bringing to eat? If you really can't cook (yall know who you are!), bring some tunes or a band you like or party decorations!!! Think imaginatively! This party has to ROCK!!!!!!

My presents are two. One is frivolous and feel-good and fun. The other is Oh So Serious.

The feel good present is a virtual gift certificate to a monthly mani-pedi at a place where your feet will get a massage too! My serious present is a Medal for Courage (yes, think Wizard of Oz), so that whenever your courage fails, or your heart is shaky, you will recall how strong and how courageous you REALLY are.

But hey, enough serious, Married!

So food! I suspect you might be a vegetarian so I will be Politically Correct and bring a vegetarian lasagna! The sauce I had to start last Thursday, so the fresh herbs could infuse the tomato sauce perfectly! Spinach, broccoli, and zucchini alternate with the luscious sauce and a rich combo of fresh mozzella and parmesan reggiano cheese.

I will also bring a few signature southern dishes: some garlic cheese grits, some hoppin' john, and some collared greens!

Dessert? You want dessert after all that?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have this ridiculously difficult recipe for molten chocolate lava cakes. They are best topped with super rich vanilla ice cream!

So what are yall bringing to this EVENT OF THE SEASON!!!!!!

02/06/2012 08:41 PM
LindaCarter7
LindaCarter7  

LMAO you just gave me a huge smile!!!! Lol that was a total shocker! That menu sounds amazing, Im not a vegetarian but my very good friend zappledapple is so, veggie is fine by me. Thank you for the medal, and the mani pedi lol. Courage is a big thing for me. You are so sweet, as if you remembered my birthday! lol Thanks a million, Im literally smiling as I type this ((((((MARRIED))))

02/06/2012 08:48 PM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

Oh, IN THAT CASE:

You get a special order of Married's SMOKED ribs (I will do one set hot and the other sweet), a couple smoked chickens (you haven't eaten chicken till you have eaten a smoked chicken, and yes, I stuff them with orange slices and herbs so they are SOOO yummy), and some Puerto Rican hot wings! (the secret is my Ajilimojili sauce).

02/06/2012 08:50 PM
LindaCarter7
LindaCarter7  

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBS YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMYYYYYYYYYYY lol You are making me hungry lol

02/06/2012 08:53 PM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

I want to come too!,, Smile. Iam bringing a gift of a weekly massage for three months, it goes nice with the mani/pedi, and great for all of the stress you have right now. For food, I am bringing a canadian dessert called nanaimo bars. It is made with a layer of butter and cream cheese, a layer of nuts with brown sugar and butter, and topped with a layer of milk chocolate. You deserve the best on this day, I hope you get everything you have wished for!!! ( ( ( LC ) ) )

02/06/2012 09:09 PM
LindaCarter7
LindaCarter7  

Thank you Hopeful and DAYUUUUM that nanaimo sounds AMAZING

02/06/2012 09:14 PM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

Nanaimo Bars, I also add cream cheese to the custard layer, these are great if you are not on a diet.Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/4 cup white sugar

5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1 egg, beaten

1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 cup flaked coconut

1/2 cup finely chopped almonds (optional)

1/2 cup butter, softened

3 tablespoons heavy cream

2 tablespoons custard powder

2 cups confectioners' sugar

4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate

2 teaspoons butter

Directions

In the top of a double boiler, combine 1/2 cup butter, white sugar and cocoa powder. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Beat in the egg, stirring until thick, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the graham cracker crumbs, coconut and almonds (if you like). Press into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8 inch pan.

For the middle layer, cream together 1/2 cup butter, heavy cream and custard powder until light and fluffy. Mix in the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over the bottom layer in the pan. Chill to set.

While the second layer is chilling, melt the semisweet chocolate and 2 teaspoons butter together in the microwave or over low heat. Spread over the chilled bars. Let the chocolate set before cutting into squares.

02/06/2012 09:20 PM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

I am having heart palpitations from looking at this recipe! (THANK YOU for sharing it, Hopeful!) It sounds SO delicious. It has my favorite elements in a good dessert: butter, cream cheese, nuts, chocolate. I cannot wait to make this!

This party is shaping up!

02/06/2012 09:33 PM
stolenheart
stolenheart  

Another Feb baby??? Woohoo! Happy Birthday, LC!

02/06/2012 09:35 PM
LindaCarter7
LindaCarter7  

lol Thanks SH.

Hopeful that is amazing I will definitely keep this recipe I WILL make this

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved