MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/02/2012 12:51 PM

Taking Care of Me(page 3)

BPBeliever
BPBeliever  

Planning a weekend camping trip with a couple of "the guys". There's a somewhat isolated spot that we've gone to since the '80s with great surf & fishing. Just getting my camping gear from the garage lifts my spirits.

Also, I'll be heading out a day earlier than the other guys to secure the spot, so I will have a whole day & night completely to myself. In dealing with my Wife's BP I've found that I often feel overloaded with verbage and nervous energy, or dragged down with her complete depression and lethargy, depending on meds / moods / etc. So a few days outdoors with no schedule, no phone, and no worries is just what the Dr. ordered! Cool

Now we just need to pick a weekend - not as easy as it was when we were kids!

03/02/2012 07:03 PM
wifeonbpexpress
wifeonbpexpress  
VIP Member

Glad you revived this thread...I think many of us need it.

I'm going to try and relax this weekend. We are currently having a snowstorm, so maybe tomorrow I'll take the camera out and get some shots of the neighborhood covered in thick, new snow.

03/02/2012 08:12 PM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

I am taking the day off tomorrow. NO work. Not ten minutes worth. No checking work email. Zip. Nada.

Hubby and I will go out to lunch and then we will go bowling or go to a flea market or play a game. Couples day! (Begins with amorous activity, yall. Wink wink. TMI.)

03/02/2012 08:20 PM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

We are taking the boys to Big Bear for the day. Jason and the boys have never been, I used to go when younger in summer on vacation. Looking forward to it, just getting away.

03/02/2012 08:21 PM
wifeonbpexpress
wifeonbpexpress  
VIP Member

Hopeful, what's Big Bear?

03/02/2012 08:27 PM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

Im sorry, Its a mountain resort where there is snow activities, lakes in the summer, it is high up and beautiful. It is only 112 miles away from us, so relatively close.

03/02/2012 09:31 PM
wifeonbpexpress
wifeonbpexpress  
VIP Member

How fun! Have a great time!!!

03/03/2012 01:42 AM
grace72891
grace72891  

Have fun Hopeful! I want to go to Big Bear. I have only been there once when I was about 3 years old. I remember chasing the donkeys and getting caught by my dad, and being in a lake with moss that was real gross. I remember my dad sending me outside of our 5th wheel trailer during dinner to go to the bathroom too and telling me to take my fork with me and use it to stab any wild animals if they tried to get me! LOL I remember a few other things too. I would love to go there again but we always end up going to Solvang and would like to go to Yosemite again.

03/03/2012 07:17 AM
sallyo
sallyoPosts: 3681
Group Leader

Sounds like a wonderful place to go play. Have a great time, hopeful!

We just have a quiet weekend planned. Nothing exciting, and I'm ok with that. We just want to get through next week's episode with the pre-trial hearing.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved