MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/08/2011 11:03 PM

affected by the financial news

marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

Anyone else's loved one getting depressed and agitated by the budget crisis and the financial news?

I finally asked hubby to stop watching and reading the news for awhile. His mood is much better as a result.

I know this is a short term solution but sometimes they are needed.

08/08/2011 11:13 PM
bethb2004
bethb2004Posts: 813

Not mine. The only thing he cares about financially is that there is money in our bank account for chips and soda.

I think it's a good idea to cut off the news for awhile. I think the 24/7 access we have to news stresses out a lot of people, whether they have BP or not.

08/09/2011 01:21 AM
Iheartdogs
Iheartdogs  

Mine doesn't pay attention to the news, so no. I personally stopped this week because I am tired about hearing of death death death and the other negative crap that the media puts an emphasis on. But news is news, and the fact is it's sometime crummy, and there's nothing we can do about it. He could try searching for his own news that is positive, like local kids rescuing baby birds or something like that, lol! That would cheer ANYONE up! Wink

08/09/2011 03:04 AM
WornOut2
WornOut2  

Mine doesn't watch the news - he is either glued to the Discovery or History channels. Hasn't watched a local news program in 20 years, hasn't watched CNN in at least five and I don't think that I have ever seen him pick up the newspaper.

08/09/2011 04:45 AM
wifeonbpexpress
wifeonbpexpress  
VIP Member

Yes, but only because it affects his dad, I think. When his dad isn't happy, noone is happy.

08/09/2011 06:30 AM
sallyo
sallyoPosts: 3690
Group Leader

Mine is irritated by it, but not to extremes. I've actually been more upset about it than he has; I'm the news junkie in the family and have had to walk away from it from time to time.

08/09/2011 07:47 AM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

J is disgusted with it all, but he hasn't been depressed. We don't watch the news, there is too much negative there, he watches the channel that shows the market on it.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved