MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/02/2011 12:12 AM

Today is my 29th Wedding Anniversary!!!!

lollipop
lollipop  
Group Leader

Today my husband and I celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary. It's been a long time and a great journey together. It hasn't been perfect but it's been as near to perfect as most people can ever hope to experience. My husband is a great man, even if he does struggle with bipolar disorder. In fact, I think that makes him even greater. After diagnosis, my husband has embraced the responsibility that goes along with caring for himself, me, and our marriage, by doing everything he can to attain and retain stability.

I hurt so badly last year, and my anniversary followed only 9 days after more information was disclosed to me about my husband's hypersexual actions while manic earlier in the year. Our anniversary celebration for last year was fun, but my mind was so flooded with painful thoughts and memories of things said and done during mania, that I was more or less just going through the motions. This year, I feel so much better. I'm so looking forward to my husband waking up today and being able to say "Happy Anniversary, Honey. I love you", without crying, etc. I cried so much last year. God has brought me so far since last year. And I appreciate all of the love and care all of you have extended to me as I went through everything.

I've learned alot in the last year or so about unconditional love and about remaining committed to someone you love, even when they are very ill, and somehow manage to hurt you AND themselves, simultaneously, while in the throes of their illness.

My husband's mania last year, can be likened to a raging fire. But the fire finally burned itself out, the smoke cleared and in the end we were still left standing. I survived. He survived. Our survival can be attributed to the Lord's love, patience, and peace that passes all understanding. One more year. I'm so thankful.

My 29th wedding anniversary is here and I'm happy again. I'm happy again! I thought I might never be happy again...but I am! I love my husband and today I have been married for 9865 (correction 10,585 days) ...give or take a few (leap year and stuff). Math has never been my forte..Laughing Anyway, that's alot of days of living and loving between two people. And I love him more today then I did in the beginning.

Post edited by: lollipop, at: 07/02/2011 06:55 PM

07/02/2011 12:30 AM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZjosn2u1gA

That video was for you and your hubby!!!!!! I hope you like it! I think you will!

07/02/2011 05:41 AM
wifeonbpexpress
wifeonbpexpress  
VIP Member

Happy Anniversary, Lolli and Mr. Lolli! Hope you have a great day!!!

07/02/2011 07:16 AM
WornOut2
WornOut2  

Happy Anniversary to you both. Definitely a cause for celebration!

07/02/2011 07:53 AM
sallyo
sallyoPosts: 3684
Group Leader

That's WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations to both of you. Have a happy anniversary!

07/02/2011 07:56 AM
enoughalready
enoughalreadyPosts: 1406

Happy Anniversary!!

29 years is something worth celebrating!!

07/02/2011 11:20 AM
lollipop
lollipop  
Group Leader

Thanks everybody! It's starting out to be a great day. The grandkids are still here, so we will be taking a special weekend together in a few weeks, without the grandkids...lol Laughing I loved the song, marriedtoit...Honey Bee! My hubby listened to it and says it's so true. Every year is sweeter than the year before. As you all know by now, my hubby doesn't express himself as well as he would like to, so in the card he gave me today said:

We've got such sweet memories between us---crazy days to laugh about, not so funny days we thought would never end, joyous times we'll count as the best of our lives....

I loved that part of the card and I know he spent some time picking out something that means alot to him, too. He always has really taken time in picking out cards for me. I remember as far back as 1976 when we first met, he always did that. And when we got back together in 1982 he wrote me so many love letters and cards (too numerous to count) while in the military and we would be apart during his assignments/exercises. In 1976 my hubby told me he loved me "gobs and oodles"...he put it together and has always told me he loves me "goobles". Once again, he has signed my card with his signature line....Love Goobles,.......

Corny, I know, but you all have been on my healing journey this past year and a huge part of that healing process. Some of us on this spouse site are still having marital problems, etc. But just as you have all been here for me, I remain here for you with great expectations of peace and happiness for all of you. It's a difficult journey and task thrust upon us because of this bipolar disorder, but one we are striving to conquer and succeed in. Hopefully, we will be able to. I believe all of this has been a journey of a higher love.

I just want to give you a little update of how good I am feeling and what a wonderful day this is for me. Thanks again for all your kind wishes...it really is something worth celebrating.

Love, Lollipop Smile

Post edited by: lollipop, at: 07/02/2011 11:33 AM

07/02/2011 09:20 PM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

Hmmmm and somebody in your household has a birthday this week, too, Lollipop!

07/02/2011 09:34 PM
sifted
sifted  

I'm glad you are happy again, Happy Aniversary.

Smile

07/03/2011 12:56 AM
Iheartdogs
Iheartdogs  

Congratulations on 29 years!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved