MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/06/2011 06:27 AM

labs

bipolarandmeprego
bipolarandmeprego  

How important is it to get labs?? I know it is to check certain levels of stuff to seehow the meds r mending but are they real important?? How do I convince Josh they r?? Advice please thanks guysTongue

01/06/2011 07:43 AM
sallyo
sallyoPosts: 3681
Group Leader

They are very important, especially if he's taking lithium. That's one of the ways they can tell if the meds need to be adjusted. Mine doesn't like going, either, but he's learned that it's better when he does. Especially when he's been having trouble with noises in his head. It gives him some peace of mind.

01/06/2011 08:17 AM
Imnoangel
Imnoangel  

Yep, lithium levels NEED to be checked. They can either not be enough to be therapeutic or they can be too much and can become toxic. Other meds require other testing like for liver enzymes, etc. I agree with Sally that letting him know that it's a small thing to give a LOT of peace of mind. Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved