MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/03/2013 02:03 PM

We are still together One year later!! I still love B!!

Jaimesummers

My goodness its been a year since I have been in a relationship with my partner and it has been the most puzzling and most rewarding partnership I have ever had. Thankfully more ups than downs!! Learning, loving and acceptance through it all has been key for me.Smile I am more open and not afraid to talk about the mania and medication like I once was. My partner will not take all his meds but he manages his disorder as best as he can and I support him as best I can and it works for us. I dont have all the answers but I can see hope a lot more clear. Love and hope is what I hold dear. I am very much in love with my partner and I was afraid of losing that and to some extent i still do . I want the best for my partner and want to be there for him. I still also know that I have to take care of myself too so I work on myself as well as the relationship. I am also grateful to this support group, it got me through the confusing time of my parners last manic episode. I rode the wave and got through that in one piece. I almost lost him that time too. That was when I truly realized that I loved him no matter what. He came home and slept for about a month!! We survived xmas and new years in one piece and we love each other through it all. Thanks for all your support!

01/03/2013 09:05 PM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

jaime I am happy that you are so happy with your relationship! I wish you and your partner only the best!

But I have to say that I read your statement "my partner will not take all his meds but he manages this disorder as best he can" and I shudder. He could manage the disorder MUCH better if he tool ALL THE MEDS his pdoc thinks are needed!

Here's another major consideration: if he is not properly medicated and the episodes continue, they will get worse with age...and they can cause permanent brain damage. Just something to consider.

01/04/2013 08:15 AM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

I am happy to read things are going better for you. Thanks for checking in. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved