MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/10/2012 08:31 AM

FAVORITE HOLIDAY MOVIES!!!!

lollipop
lollipop  
Group Leader

What are some of your favorite holiday movies? Alot of folks know I don't watch television much, although my hubby does....BUT!!!! I love holiday movies that come on the television!!! I like:

While You Where Sleeping, Christmas in Connecticut is my favorite, Wondeful Life, Miracle on 34th St, really....I like just about every one of them. I really enjoyed Monty Wooley in The Man Who Came for Dinner. Some more modern ones are Comfort and Joy, The Card, Silent Night, The Christmas List, etc.

12/10/2012 09:05 AM
mazzymylove
mazzymylove  

I know its a more recent movie but I love Elf and Fred Clause! My daughter loves Dr. Suess The Grinch Smile

12/10/2012 01:16 PM
bxrgrl
bxrgrl  

I am a Christmas movie JUNKIE! I think I love them all but some of my favorites are National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, White Christmas, and a Christmas Carol but it has to be the one starring George C. Scott. I also love all the old cartoons!! Oh, and Charlie Brown Christmas...can't forget that one!

12/10/2012 09:10 PM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

I love the George C Scott version too! Scrooged is a lot of fun. And I love the Biblical epics (Ben-Hur, The Robe, Barrabas).

12/11/2012 08:45 AM
sallyo
sallyoPosts: 3684
Group Leader

I love Christmas movies too. My old-time favorites are Miracle on 34th Street (the one with Natalie Wood), Holiday Inn, A Christmas Story, White Christmas, Wonderful Life. My favorite newer Christmas movie are "The Holiday," and "While You Were Sleeping."

12/11/2012 11:48 AM
hopefulcb
hopefulcb  
Group Leader

I love all that is mentioned above, plus, Yours, Mine and Ours (the original with Lucille Ball), I love the scene at Xmas when Henry Fonda opens his gift and its a model ship giving the green light for him to go out to see in the NAVY..........

12/11/2012 01:01 PM
Just4kicks

it starts and stops with Elf....nothing else even comes close!

12/11/2012 02:36 PM
lollipop
lollipop  
Group Leader

I love Elf, as well. I found alot of it to be very funny, but in particular, the scene where he has fixed up the department store in hopes of Santa coming....and how the workers are all playing office politics trying to figure out "who" was responsible for it.... That cracked me up because that sort of thinking happens in every job and I liked how that was incorporated into the show. Laughing Also, when that girl is singing in the shower and he is just nonchalantly, innocently sitting in the shower room singing along.....hahahaha!

12/11/2012 05:18 PM
wifeonbpexpress
wifeonbpexpress  
VIP Member

I have to disagree just4kicks, THE CHRISTMAS STORY is the all time best Christmas movie! Our family is obsessed with it and we know every line. My brother is such a fan, my mom made him a "leg lamp" to put in his front window! I have the "Pink Nightmare" t-shirt. This movie is so entertaining the whole way through, if you haven't seen it, I would recommend that you see it, you'll enjoy it!

12/11/2012 06:28 PM
lifeishard
lifeishard  

I strongly disagree Wife Wink Wink Grin Grin

You know...several people I work with told me last Christmas that this movie was awesome...the best Christmas movie ever etc. so I watched it and I was completely disappointed! I think it is the kind of movie you have to grow up watching to truly appreciate!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved