MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/26/2012 11:30 AM

MRI lumbar and cervical

angelz

MRI Lumbar spine

T1-T2 hyperintense signal is demonstrated within L1 and L3 vertebrae demonstraes STIR hypointense signal and likely related to hemangioms.

L1-L2: Unremarkable

L2-L3: Diffuse disc bulge with minimal impression on the anterior thecal sac. The neural foramina are patent

L3-L4: Diffuse disc bulge with minimal impression on the anterior thecal sac. The neural foramina are patent

L4-L5 Diffuse disc bulgw with minimal impression on the anterior thecal sac. Mild to moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis is visualized secondary to the disc bulging and bilateral facet hypertropic changes

L5-S1: Unremarkable

Impression: Mild degenerative changes noted of the lumbar spine, greatest at the L4-L5 level with mild to moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis as described above.

No acute fracture or subluxation seen.

If anyone can give me an opinion on this I would appricate it. I have been having back pain lately along with alot of neck pain. I also had a neck MRI.

Neck MRI

There is mild reversal of the normal lordotic curvature centered at the C5 level. No acute fracture or subluxation is seen. No abnormal siginal is visualized within the spinal cord. Mild intervertebral disc space narrowing is noted of the C4-C5 and C5-C6 levels. The dens is intact. The craniocervical junction appears grossly unremarkable.

C2-C3: Disc osteophyte complex causing minimal impression on the anterior sac. The neural foramina are patent.

C3-C4: Disc osteophyte complex causing minimal impression on the anterior sac. The neural foramina are patent.

C4-C5: Disc osteophyte complex is visualzed eccentric to the right causing mild flattening of the right hemicord at this level. Mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis is visualized.

C6-C6: Disc osteophyte complex is visualized causing mild to moderate central canal stenosis and flattening of the spinal cord at this level.

C6-C7: Unremarkable.

C7-T1: Unremarkable.

Impression Moderate degenerative changes noted of the cervical spine greatest at the C5-C6 level.

I would appericate any suggestions?

09/26/2012 12:07 PM
Raoul
RaoulPosts: 4219
Group Leader

HI Angelz

Your MRI does not show anything significant to suggest any sort of pain, not agitation.

do not understand this: "T1-T2 hyperintense signal is demonstrated within L1 and L3 vertebrae demonstraes STIR hypointense signal and likely related to hemangioms."

Your long history back to AtinaL with fibro suggests a possible relationship, but certainly the MRI does not.

I think you might be helped quite a bit for this by taking soem tylenol 3 for a week or two - you could get them from your family doctor. They will help with both the pain and the anxiety.

Also - you would probably benefit from icing the lower back - 15 minutes on and 2 hours off about 3 times a day for a week. Plus also apply some ben gay to wherever you hurt.

I sure miss atinaL (tina). and it has been a very long time.

You may have twisted your lower back recently causing all of this - that is why I think that icing it will help you.

hugs, Raoul

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved