MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/31/2009 07:16 PM

Denial or Approval can't get an answer

KayKayTexas
KayKayTexas  

Okay ladies how is everyone? Today I called Social Security to find out what was the status of my SSDI claim at the 18007721213 and I was told that a decision had been made a few days ago, but they were unable to give me the result, until after 5 business days. Then I call our local Social Security Office and they told me to speak with the person handling my claim. But she is out for 2 weeks and I begged the lady to please just tell me something and then she told me that it was still pending. I'm like are they looking at two different systems or can only certain offices see if someone is approved or denied. What's going on with this, can someone that has been through this kinda help me out.

08/01/2009 08:12 AM
fibroforever
fibroforever  
VIP Member

I'm wondering... if your local SSA person just didn't want to deal with it, and just answered that is was pending. I would imagine that she could give that answer to the majority of people inquiring about their claim, and be 90% right!

In other words, I would tend to beleive the first people that you called. I'm pretty sure they're all on the same computer system. But, not possitive.

Not sure if you remember, but in the very beginning of your filing with SSA, they would have sent you a letter showing your ID#. You can get on the SSA website and log-in and check the status of your case. -- The thing that I'm not sure of though, is maybe they won't actually update it until after they've sent the decision letter out to you. So, when you look it up, it might still say "pending". But, I'd certainly check and see if it says something else. Smile

I tried to look up the webpage so I could post it here for you. But I'm having trouble getting onto their site. Maybe they're updating it. I will try again later (if I remember).

08/01/2009 08:40 AM
KayKayTexas
KayKayTexas  

Good Morning! Thank you so much for all that you do. Well I have been checking the SSA.gov website for the last couple of months and it keeps reading the same statement a decision has been made and I will be notified by mail. Then I check it this week and unable to process at this time. Just wondering why would she tell me it would take 5 business days to give me the decision, that they came down with and why want they update their site. I went to the doctor last week and he told me that they might have to put me on the transplant list and I'm just sitting here praying that the medications kick in and stop the lung scarring, so I want have to go through that horrific ordeal. I pray that the answer is yes approved. Please GOD let them understand what I'm dealing with please.

08/01/2009 12:46 PM
Gen

KayKayTexas,

Call the SSD office and tell them what its saying on their wesite. They should give you another number to the local SSD office! Gen

08/01/2009 01:46 PM
KayKayTexas
KayKayTexas  

Hi Gen,

I called the local social security office, after I call the 18007721213 and they were unable to give me any information until after 5 business days, but a decision has been made, that was what she stated to me. Then I called the local office and they were the ones telling me that it is still in pending and call back to speak with my case worker, which is out on vacation until the 12th August. I haven't been able to work since March 12, 2009 and i have kids that are in school and college. I really need for them to make a decision and I pray that the decision is for my favor, but somehow after reading what everyone else had to deal with I see I'm in for a long wait. Have you been approved for your SSDI or you still waiting? But you know what makes me so upset with this system is that they will approve people in little town for SSI/SSDI and they sit down all day drinking and using drugs and here I am living right and doing whats right and came down with a lung disease that will eventually require a transplant and I can't get approved, something is really wrong with this picture. Please excuse me and I dont mean to sound mean or heartless, but this is what hardworking people that has worked for over 20 yrs get treated like and the drug users and lazy people apply and get it instantly around here in this small town. Lord help me. Thank you all for listening.

08/01/2009 03:01 PM
Gen

Kay KAy,

Im "PM" you, please check it. Gen

08/06/2009 09:30 AM
KayKayTexas
KayKayTexas  

Okay everyone.. .....I just spoke with social security they told me that I was approved and that I would receive a letter in the mail in 7 days. Thank you Jesus and thank you MDJ family

08/06/2009 09:34 AM
jessika2hot
jessika2hot  
VIP Member

how did you get them too tell you your aproved? they are always telling me oh we cant tell you nuthing over the phone, i like geez!

08/06/2009 09:42 AM
Gen

Jessika,

I was really lucky to have a nice person on the phone, they gave me a answer.

I read something somewhere regarding SSD, that you need to be really nice to them are it will hurt your case. Gen

08/06/2009 12:28 PM
jessika2hot
jessika2hot  
VIP Member

i have been pretty nice to them!!!! and very kind and very patciene with them! but i have been waiting almost 4 years, so stressful

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved