MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/02/2011 08:05 PM

What was your appt. like with the SSA's doctor's??(page 7)

mem2576

well,. my ce exam,. I was asked if I ever smoked marijuana, I said yes,. as I had hoped it would help me sleep,. as a sleep disorder is part of my case, I do not smoke mj now,. but, it did show up in a test at the mental health clinic,. Im taking a re test that will be clear of mj, tomorow,. I am not sure what impact that cuold have,. but, it was good I was honest about this.

towards the end of the ce exam, the lady asked , if I was looking for work,.?

I said I did believe I was NOT able to work,.,.

I was denied,.

now, appealing the denial,. will SS send me to a different ce examiner?

my psych evaluation is bipolar/mania/depression,hyper insomnia,.

and I am now 60 years old,.

05/02/2011 11:10 PM
peaches261
peaches261  
VIP Member

I had the same examiner twice that denied me, then a different examiner the third time, but for some reason he didn't even show up in the paperwork I received so I guess it's hard to tell.

05/03/2011 09:16 PM
mem2576

I would like a copy of what the ce examiner sent to SS,. that should be a right we all have,. and I shall try tomorrow,.,.

05/09/2011 02:59 PM
sunnydays
sunnydays  

I was never sent to one of SSDs doctors. Do most people have to go to there doctors? I was expecting to have to see one of there doctors because my attorney mentioned it,but I never was asked to go.

05/16/2011 10:22 AM
carolyn1982
carolyn1982  

yeah my sis went to the appeal hearing today and who ever was there representing ssa told the judge after speaking with my sister they believe is unable to work so she's just waiting to hear the decision from the judge now.

07/18/2011 07:28 AM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

Can you say quack quack. I was told that my diagnosis had to be made or signed off by a psychiatrist, but they sent me to a psychologist and had two other psychologists review the findings. They all said i had a mild impairment for section B of listing 12.04.

If they find you disabled at one step then they go to the next step. This section requires that you have marked impairments in at least 2 of the following 4 marked restriction of activities of daily living. I have no idea how those restrictions have any thing to do with your ability to handle a full time job on a sustained basis.

Seems that you have to be worse off than have limitations of working to qualify.

These include things like being able to grocery shop, cook, clean, personal hygiene, maintaining social functioning (whatever that means) and difficulties in maintaining concentration, persistence or pace.

Their quack even made a note that i could surf the web so i must be able to concentrate somewhat.

ALJ and ssa both said i could do simple repetitive work.

09/14/2011 12:55 AM
des10

I had an examination with a social security doctor. She was a regular doctor, not a psychologist or anything. I waited for about an hours then saw the nurse and then had to wait another 2 hours and saw the doctor for 10 minutes. The doctor and nurse were nice though and they were short on staff that day also. My question is what is the next step in the social security process after being examined by their doctor? I hope someone can help me and answer my question. Thank you.

09/14/2011 01:00 AM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

Ten minutes is a short exam. If you don't mind me asking, what were you being examined for?

Supposedly these results which may take up to a month and maybe now even longer to get to the ssa and make it into your file so they can review them. It was my experience that more than one doc reviewed my entire file and wrote a report which was then reviewed by the examiner. The examiner uses these reports to make a decision.

How long this takes varies from state to state.

09/14/2011 01:47 AM
des10

I don't mind you asking. I was being examined for ectodermal dysplasia (spelling?) That seems like a long time to wait but hopefully it doesn't take longer than a month, and I live in Ohio. Thank you by the way for replying to my post.

09/14/2011 02:00 AM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

That one I would have to look up. I live in Ohio also. You can always feel free to PM me as well. I am off and on the computer fairly frequently. I may add a few questions for you later. Believe me they are only questions to see if I can help or encourage you in any way.

The particular disorder is not one of the skin condition listings on the ssa web site, but that does not necessarily mean you don't have a case.

Can you tell me what symptoms prevent you from working? That is what the ssa mostly wants to know. The one web site I looked at didn't say anything debilitating about the disease with the exception of how important it is to maintain your body temperature because you can not sweat.

Post edited by: barelymanic, at: 09/14/2011 02:28 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 7 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved