MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/15/2009 06:41 PM

Proof of disability for short/long term and SSD

suni19

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I think it is.

Have any of you had to fight your insurance companies to get your short or long term disability? Did your doctors help you by filling out forms, or calling the insurance company to give specific info about you.

Mine keep giving me the runaround. The doctor said I needed to be off until this month, yet they've only paid me up to April 17th. The doctor's office said they'd do it last week, insurance company says they never received anything.

Anyone have any advice for me? There is no way that I can work right now. I have a new Rhummy doctor that I will see later this month. I will try to get his help as well.

06/26/2009 08:54 AM
sleepwalking
sleepwalking  

Yes, I went though that. I was constantly having to have my doc fill out those darn forms for Hartford. Not only did my doc charge me to fill out the form, but sometimes they would drag their feet on it.

There were a few times that Hartford threatened to cut me off because the doc didn't fill out the form in a timely manner. I finally had to have my daughter go in there and strong arm them, refusing to leave until she got it signed.

It is a lot of hard work keeping your LTD. They eventually cut me off anyway after doing video surveillance and seeing me go to doctor and ATM to make a deposit. They said if I can do that then I'm not disabled. So now I'm fighting them in court.

06/27/2009 11:40 AM
suni19

Thanks so much for your reply sleepwalking!

So sorry you've had to fight and now end up going to court.

It sounds like we have the same company even. I finally got a call from them, and a check is supposed to be on it's way. That will help me catch up bills for a bit anyway.

I've talked to my new doctor and am going to try to get forms completed by him now. Here's hoping anyway!

I've also applied for Social Security.

I cannotbelieve they would do video surveillance on you!! And just because you go to an ATM in no way compares with you being able to work 40 hours a week!!!!

Best of luck, I sure hope you win your case!! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. Now I know what I'm dealing with.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved