MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/04/2012 01:46 PM

Disability ALJ hearing

Nick500sl

I finally had my hearing by video in front of the ALJ Judge.I arrived there 30 minutes early looking forward to this day since it's been 2 years.I was asked the normal questions about age,address,etc.I was asked if i was working and who does my household chores,if i can bath myself,vacuum,make bed,feed myself.I told the judge i can bath and eat but can't vacuum cuz it hurts my back.she asked me about my back,migrane headaches and medications i was taking to relieve the pain.She asked me what i did at home and answered watch tv.The judge asked the VE about the types of jobs that are available to me and if i could do them.Then my attorney asked me about my conditions and what i did to relieve the pain.I felt like i answered them honestly and didn't try to tell them the story of my life like some people do..I kept the answers to yes and no but with short answers.I walked out the office with my attorney and he said i did well in there.i asked him how my case was looking and he said 50/50 chance.It's been 2 weeks and haven't received any thing in the mail..I sure hope i get an approval..

08/04/2012 03:14 PM
stillwaiting
stillwaiting  

My court date in front of the judge was June 19 and I still have no answers yet it is probably because I was given 10 days to send in my Residual Functional Capacity rating . While in court the judge asked me about the nerve conductivity test and he stated that my neurologist said I told her I did not want to have one done because it hurt. She told a lie she gave me an option between an MRI or a nerve test and I chose the MRI . To make a long story short I went ahead and had my other doctor do the test because the judge wanted me to get there doctor to do it so to get things out of the way I suffered through it. Boy that is very painful , my neck and shoulders still hurt. I still don't know what he meant at times saying, it says here that I can climb a ladder on my record , does he have the right records ?I can't climb a ladder I'm in a wheel chair. Well anyhow I had all my medical records in order the judge was nice the other guy was the vocational worker he said I could work 2 hours a day yea right. My attorney was a good representative. I am waiting on a decision now and like everyone else I am all nerves. Good luck to all who are waiting as well.Dizzy

08/14/2012 12:40 AM
Nick500sl

I sure hope you get a positive approval..I know the wait can be stressful by itself..good luck and hope you get good news real soon.

08/14/2012 10:53 AM
stillwaiting
stillwaiting  

I called them today to change my phone number so while I had them on the phone I asked them where my case stood he just said post hearing. Which I don't understand because I have done had a hearing. Oh well I will find out sooner or later, Good luck to all who are waiting..

08/14/2012 11:52 AM
BlackBall
BlackBall  

Post edited by: BlackBall, at: 06/10/2013 01:52 PM

08/14/2012 12:26 PM
stillwaiting
stillwaiting  

Thank you , the wait sure is enough to drive anyone crazy. Hopefully something will happen soon. Would you happen to know how much land a person can own to receive ssi?

08/14/2012 02:33 PM
BlackBall
BlackBall  

Post edited by: BlackBall, at: 06/10/2013 01:52 PM

08/14/2012 03:58 PM
LostInCyberspace12
LostInCyberspace12  
Group Leader

It will on the SSI Blackball. SSI is dependent on your income and assets. Land ownership = asset. You can be a multi-millionaire and still qualify for SSDI.

SSI = medicaid

SSDI = medicare

08/14/2012 04:00 PM
stillwaiting
stillwaiting  

I read on there web site that you can own the house you live in and the land its on but they don't quote how much land . Thank's for your comment.

08/14/2012 06:07 PM
mem8172

Just ssi with ssdi you can own as much land as you want. Ssdi is what you paid by your FICA. Ssi is a needs program and income and assets are taken into consideration.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved